Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 3 - Wednesday

30 Day Shred, Level 1 and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism today, 79 minutes and 434 calories. Since beginning this particular program, I've been trying to figure out how exercise makes me feel. I've touched briefly on how I don't really feel a rush or a high when I'm working out. I may have slightly more energy than I would otherwise, but mostly, I feel relief. When I finish exercising, I am just glad it's over for the day. I wish it pumped me up and made me cheerful, but nope. It's like getting shots - you know they are good for you but they aren't really all that pleasant, and when you're done, Mommy buys you a box of Animal Crackers. My reward for a good workout is usually a big breakfast with turkey bacon and eggs. I look forward to that.

I'm really tired again today. I don't think I'm getting enough sleep. Last night, I got about 6 hours. The night before, a little more. But for the last 2 weeks, I've been averaging six hours. Fortunately, the TV season is over and I can start going to bed earlier. School will be over in 3 weeks. I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do then. I'd like to keep getting up at 5 AM to work out.

I've mentioned my love of Craig Ballantyne here before, but one of his blog posts today seals the freaking deal. The words on the page are irrelevant.

I got a craving for hummus today. I've had it once in my life and I've certainly never made it. I must say, I'm very pleased with it. I intend to use it with everything LOL

5:10 AM - Fiber One cereal w/ skim milk

10:15 AM - tilapia sandwich w/ hummus

12:30 PM - veggie salad w/ light Italian dressing, mozzarella string cheese

2:55 PM - grilled chicken breast, baby carrots w/ hummus; I am officially addicted. Sebastian was not so impressed and declared the hummus "the worst thing" he's ever tasted LOL

6:20 PM - baby carrots & green pepper w/ (you guessed it!) hummus; I also had some Wheat Thins Fiber Selects crackers - right out of the box! I really had to be aware and stop myself at half a serving. It was so good though.

7:30 PM - turkey bacon, omelet w/ green pepper, onions & hummus; There I go again with the hummus.

Four cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I so know what you mean about hummus. I've always liked it but it's been one of those foods I was "afraid" of (long story). Now I eat it every day...multiple times a day! LOL..

What specifically about the article did you like?

Becky said...

The picture, of course.