Friday, May 8, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 1 - Friday

I did Level 1 of 30 Day Shred and Jillian's No More Trouble Zones today, and burned 392 calories in 81 minutes. This is over 60 fewer calories than Monday's workout. This bothers me. Like yesterday, the second time through a workout, I've burned fewer calories even though I've felt like my effort is at least the same as the previous time. I don't get it. Obviously, I must not be working out as hard as the first time through but I don't feel like I can work much harder. We'll have to see what happens next week. Honestly, I think I'd rather obsess over counting calories than calories burned on my heart rate monitor :(

Oh, and I'm using 10 lb weights for Shred's rows, flys and curls, but still the 3 lb weights for shoulder work.

5:10 AM - Fiber One cereal w/ skim milk

6:50 AM - banana

9:40 AM - turkey bacon, toast (no butter), broccoli & cheese omelet w/ salsa

1:00 PM - Fiber One yogurt

3:00 PM - bacon ranch grilled chicken salad from McDonald's w/ light Italian dressing, 3 homemade whole wheat & sour cream chocolate chip cookies, and 1 french fry; Since I didn't have the McDonald's dressing, I figured I could get away with my little cookies.

5:05 PM - apple peel; Yet another reason I'm happy not to track my food anymore - I can eat the skin from my son's apple without thinking.

6:30 PM - half a homemade cookie; These are so hit and miss for my son. Sometimes he likes them, sometimes he doesn't.

7:45 PM - whole wheat pasta & shrimp with a light butter, garlic & onion drizzle

One cup of coffee and 160 ounces of water today. I'm working on a liter of diet cola, but that's okay - look how much water I drank. That's 20 cups!!

No comments: