Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 1 - Thursday

ARRGGGGGGGGGHHHH! My son got up when I did again. I even pushed his bed time back a bit, hoping he'd sleep later. Nope. Jeez, I might as well sleep in and work out after taking him to school. But I really love having all this out of the way before 7 AM!!!

Turbulence Training Workout 1B:

superset pairs - no rest between sets, 1 minute rest between pairs

low incline db bench press - 3x8x20
db Romanian deadlift - 3x8x20

db close grip bench press - 3x8x20
db shrug - 3x8x20

elevated push up - 3x12xbodyweight
bb rollout - 3x15xbodyweight - I hated this! It's an ab exercise and it felt like my back was going to snap LOL Plus, my barbell was squeaky. I may have to do Swiss ball rollouts instead. Those will still suck, but at least they will suck quietly!!

After this, I did the Men's Intervals from Biggest Loser Workout II and the High Intensity Cardio from Biggest Loser Workout I, then the cool down (30 minuts of cardio, 10 stretching). I only burned 225 calories this time (27 fewer than last time I did this workout) and I'm kind of bummed because I kept my HRM going while the second dvd was loading (I was walking around the room to keep my heart rate up) and I felt like I worked out harder this time. Just goes to show that perceived exertion isn't always a good judge of effort!

LMAO!! I'm listening to the podcasts from TheFitCast.com and they just gave a great tip - if you're posing for pictures showcasing your biceps, don't be afraid to trim your armpit hair. I will have to remember that LOL

I need to work on not grazing during the day. I have little bits of food here and there. I need to eat better meals and fewer snacks. I look like a pig, just reading the list of how often I ate.

5:20 AM - apple & cottage cheese

7:50 AM - mandarin oranges

9:30 AM - turkey bacon, toast w/ butter, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa; I had two pieces of toast and measured out my by butter. it's nice not to weigh everything but I'm scared to get on the scale Sunday LOL

1:20 PM - Total cereal w/ skim milk

2:45 PM - baby carrots, albacore tuna & cheese on small flour tortilla

5:10 PM - mozzarella string cheese & broccoli, half a small fish stick

7:20 PM - turkey meatballs & baby carrots

Two cups of coffee and 140 ounces of water. I did have a can of Diet Pepsi last night after I blogged - I didn't think to add that I was going to drink it. I drink so little pop these days. I will probably have another can after I blog tonight.

1 comment:

Jess said...

"don't be afraid to trim your armpit hair"

LMAO too!

Please, please tell me that they're gearing that comment towards men. Armpit hair just isn't for me...