Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 4 - Saturday

Turbulence Training Workout 1B:

superset pairs - no rest between sets, 1 minute rest between pairs

low incline db bench press - 3x8x25
db Romanian deadlift - 3x8x30

db close grip bench press - 3x8x25
db shrug w/ calf raise - 3x8x30

push up - 3x12xbodyweight; I did all of these on my knees because I took no breaks between pairs for this last superset
Swiss ball rollout - 3x15xbodyweight

This was my last TT workout for now. I don't like using the dumbbells so much, so I'm changing things up next week. I tweaked Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength program to my liking and goals and I am very pleased with the set up, at least on paper. We'll see how I feel on Tuesday when I do my first workout. It's very simple stuff, uses my favorite exercises, and gives me lots of room for progression and modifications.

Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2 and Recharge today, for 63 minutes and 381 calories. I don't think I ever really get tired of CP2. I am always so motivated when I do it and always put the most into it. I would love to get my hands on some of the Turbo Kick rounds. It almost makes me want to become an instructor.

5:20 AM - apple & cottage cheese

7:40 AM - Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal w/ skim milk

10:30 AM - turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

1:30 PM - ground turkey & pinto beans w/ pepper jack cheese, salsa & sour cream on flat bread

6:00 PM - grilled chicken breast w/ broccoli & cauliflower

Calories - 1425
Carbs - 124 (30 fiber)
Protein - 126
Fat - 54
C/P/F Ratio - 33.5/34/32.5

Three cups of coffee and 100 ounces of water. I also had 2 small bites
of some homemade ice cream I was trying out. It was way too sweet for
me, and I forgot to measure the whole thing to begin with so I don't
know what one serving would be anyway - so I doubt I'll be having any
of this batch. It took forever to freeze, and there was something wrong
with the consistency from the beginning. Probably because I tried a
healthy recipe LOL so I'll try the real thing next time.

I'm going to start logging my calorie differential for the week. According to Spark, my BMR is 1633 calories per day. So, for this week (Monday - Saturday only), I burned 9798 calories just existing. I burned 2160 calories through exercise (excluding weight lifting) this week. In total, I burned 11958 calories. I ate 9833 calories this week. The difference: 2125. So, mathematically, I haven't even lost a pound this week.

Why am I doing this? For fun mostly, and because I'm a total geek. But also to show that weight loss doesn't always play by the rules.


No comments: