Friday, March 28, 2008

Challenge 3 Day 68

I need to come up with a different nomenclature for these posts. Since I'm not technically doing the Body For Life challenge, it's weird to call it a challenge. Now, I'm just doing 12 week blocks. Quarters? Quads? Meh. Segments? Stages? Gah! I don't know.

I did my first Turbo Jam session this morning. I did the Learn & Burn segment. Ok, I did the Learn segment. I started the Burn part of it, felt like a total tard because I'm uncoordinated and have no rhythm. I was actually in tears because I couldn't do it. So I did the only I could do - I got pissed off and used the elliptical instead. I'm going to spend the next week just doing the Learn portion on cardio days, then follow up on the elliptical for my actual cardio. After I get the form down, I'll go back and try the Burn segment.

I did some more reading on one of my muscle boards and I'm seriously, seriously considering not doing Built's Baby Got Back routine. I don't really want to move from a full body workout 3 times a week to a 4 day split. I like doing a FWBO. For sure, I'm going to change the exercises and parameters, but for the most part, I think I'll stick with the current pattern. I'll still follow up the FBWO with 20 minutes of cardio, and still have 3 days of cardio only. If I ever get the Turbo Jam down, I'll probably alternate one of the longer cardio sessions and a shorter one plus the ab jam. I don't know. There are so many cardio options. I just wish I didn't have 2 left feet.

Food was good today.

cottage cheese
rice cakes

broccoli omelet w/ Dana Carpender's honey mustard dressing

chicken breast
baby carrots
banana

colby cheese

beef fajitas
cauliflower "bread" sticks

Calories - 1476
Carbs - 109 (17 fiber)
Protein - 125
Fat - 63
C/P/F Ratio - 29/33.2/37.8

No comments: