Saturday, March 22, 2008

Challenge 3 Day 62

I am never, ever going to smirk at people who do cardio videos again. With all the "muscle head" boards I've been lurking on, there's definitely the impression given that videos aren't "good" ways to do cardio. Running outdoors (preferable) or on the treadmill, cycling, and other "natural" formats are preferred (at least that's how it looks to me). However, the cardio video segments I've been doing have been kicking my butt, and they are fairly low intensity. I can't get through the 20 minutes without dying! And I can go 30+ minutes on the elliptical without feeling nearly as out of shape as I do when doing the DVD. Then again, the elliptical doesn't give me the same rush and sweat that a treadmill does. I know sweating is no indicator of how hard I'm working out, but still...My point is that cardio videos are not to be looked down on, and I'm sorry I ever adopted that mentality!! I am actually looking forward to doing them. My Turbo Jam isn't here yet, but I did get the Biggest Loser Cardio Max from Netflix today. It looks great and I can't wait to try it on Tuesday!!! I did the Biggest Loser Workout high intensity segment again today (my husband ended up working after all, so I could dork out all I wanted) and it was rough. And I, uh, definitely need to buy some new sports bras.

I went back to the playground today. I was able to do 2 negative chins and 1 chin up!!! The chin up required lots of upward momentum and I can't do it from a dead hang, but I was able to pull myself up and stay up long enough for me to get my husband's attention as a witness.

cottage cheese

"fried" eggs
toast
coffee w/ cream

coconut oopsie roll

spicy bbq chicken
baby carrots

homemade peanut butter cup

Calories - 1320
Carbs - 83 (15 fiber)
Protein - 89
Fat - 80
C/P/F Ratio - 23.6/25.4/51

No comments: