Saturday, March 8, 2008

Challenge 3 Day 48

I don't know what it is, but my legs are exhausted!!! Not sore, but tired, when I do cardio. It's not o bad when I'm doing weights, but getting on that elliptical sucks, and today was worse than usual. I ate breakfast about 30-45 minutes before I got on, but it was the worst day I've had on that machine since I started back up. Every single revolution was torture and all I wanted to do was stop. Even though it was rougher than normal, I still managed to reach a personal best in terms of distance covered and calories burned.

And speaking of calories, I keep track based on the readout on the machine. I know that it's very, very inaccurate, but I'm not logging calories burned to know how many I'm actually burning. I'm just doing it to have a number. I don't want a heart rate monitor because it won't change how I work out, and it doesn't make sense to spend money on something that isn't going to be valuable to me. If I ever did want an accurate reflection of the calories I burn, I certainly would buy one. But for now, I just use the number on the machine and just estimate that I'm burning a third of that.

I've been really hungry today. Bedtime is still a few hours away, and I saved some of my dinner to eat later. But I could probably eat a horse if one were offered.

apple
cottage cheese

coffee w/ cream
fortified French toast

coffee w/ cream
bacon
cottage cheese
mozzarella cheese stick

peanut butter
rice cakes

stuffed peppers (onion, brown rice, pinto beans, tomato sauce, ground turkey breast)

Calories - 1724
Carbs - 159 (37 fiber)
Protein - 165
Fat - 60
C/P/F Ratio - 34.7/35.8/29.6

No comments: