Sunday, March 2, 2008

Challenge 3 Day 42

It's been a really rough week, and I have absolutely no excuse for my gluttony. I've tried to rationalize with the whole "I'm not going to deny myself of what I'm craving" bullcrap but when it comes down to it, I've just been a pig. There was no reason for me to eat the way I have been. I could have made better choices and I didn't. I've made empty promises to myself and I am really disappointed because I know I am better than this. Looking at the timing of the latest fall off the wagon, I realized that I have terrible problems about halfway through a challenge. My problems are all mental.

Not surprisingly, I was up again this week - 151. That's 7 pounds over my low from earlier this year. I was really afraid to get on the scale this morning, but I thought I'd be doing myself a disservice by ignoring the weigh in. I needed to see the number to snap me back.

My inlaws are coming to visit in mid-April. That gives me 6 more weeks of this challenge to straighten myself out. I'm setting a number goal for myself - I want to be 139 or lower by the time they get here. Six weeks of clean eating - no junk food, lower carb - should get me there. Exercise is still great, but I'm going to add a bit longer interval cardio sessions on non-lifting days, with at least one HIIT session per week, probably on Saturdays. Sundays will still be "free" days for exercise, but not for food. I'm going to do this, damn it.

coffee w/ cream
cottage cheese

mozzarella string cheese

coffee w/ cream
"fried" eggs
toast w/ butter

cottage cheese

chicken breast
broccoli
brown rice

Calories - 1309
Carbs - 103 (20 fiber)
Protein - 131
Fat - 52
C/P/F Ratio - 29.4/37.2/33.4

No comments: