Monday, January 3, 2011

Starting Strength/Turbo Fire - Week 2 - Monday

After I blogged last night, I ate badly. I blew through the rest of my weekly points and then some. I ate so badly, it gave me heartburn. I had some more dark chocolate, a Pop Tart, a corn dog, a bowl of cereal and a peanut butter and nutella sandwich. I think that's it. Oh, and two granola bars.

I'm going to do another year of Meatless Monday. These are the guidelines I follow.

Food
baked oatmeal [6]
mac & cheese sample [2], peas [6 mother effing points for 2 cups???!!!] - I had to taste the macaroni and cheese I made at work, so I counted points for it. And I had 2 cups of peas because I wanted something warm that wasn't meat or more mac & cheese. I didn't realize until I got home and looked it up that it's 3 points per freaking cup.
cottage cheese [6]
banana [0]
three bean salad [8] w/ cheese [2]
apple [0] & cottage cheese [6]

16 ounces of water, two coffees w/ milk [2] and several teas. I used all of my daily points, met my GHGs, and have 41 weekly points remaining. Stupid peas. And I'm just really hungry.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Well, it certainly sucks that you had a moment of weakness but you'll have those. At least you were honest with yourself about it and held yourself accountable. :)

That also sucks about peas. I <3 peas and so I'm bummed that they're so high in points but glad that I found out through you instead of the hard way on my own. ;)

Melty said...

I was actually surprised to hear about the peas so I checked the database and sure enough, it says 3 for a cup. I might go dig up that corrections list later and check that too though. I noticed the database is wrong about a few things. It lists their WW Vanilla Smoothie packets as 0 points. It's not. It's 2!

Also, those days are so hard for me. When I lose control and eat like that. Then I'm not able to get back on track. Kudos to you for getting back on track the next day.

That's a lot of peas by the way. 2 cups! I don't think I'd be able to eat that many peas!