Thursday, March 19, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 6 - Thursday

I either have severe DOMS in one toe, or I sprained it on Monday doing single leg squats. It's been tender since Monday afternoon and today, it about killed me to do Burn Intervals. I had to really modify the moves, and I couldn't do any jumps that involved my left foot. So, note to self: balls of feet, not toes!!! I didn't even do my ab work today because I couldn't use my toes. I was going to do the standing segment of Ab Jam but my son wanted to watch SpongeBob. I might tack that on to Saturday's workout. I wanted to do the Turbulence Training workout I did last week but I couldn't do the planks or the mountain climbers without my toes. In general, I'm not happy with today's exercise at all. I need to do these intervals at the highest intensity. Short(ish) and sweet is how I like to work out and having to half-ass my way through a work out pisses me off.

I think - no, I know - I need to eat better. I've gotten sloppy the last couple of weeks. I need more vegetables, less crap. Well, more vegetables anyway. I think the whole wheat stuff I've been making is fine, in moderation. Now there's a concept I never thought I'd say. I remember when I had the all-or-nothing mentality. Even though it's taking longer to lose the weight, I think my sanity is worth it. I was thinking about Atkins the other day (not thinking about doing it again, just in general) and there was a comment on a message boards about how it's not sustainable. That's such a bad generalization because I know many people who can do it long term. I just don't happen to be one of them. I loved how I was able to lose on Atkins, and I'm jealous of the binge eaters who say Atkins has helped them.

6:20 AM - apple & cottage cheese

8:50 AM - homemade protein bars, coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

11:50 AM - Mexican chicken soup

1:30 PM - apple

2:50 PM - tilapia sandwich w/ homemade tartar sauce

6:45 PM - cube steak w/ onions & green pepper, mashed cauliflower

8:00 PM - Hershey's Sticks; I didn't have a plan for eating the chocolate, and you know I like to have a plan. I had 2 pieces and that was it. I'm still within my self-imposed limits for the day, so I'm not going to stress over it.

Calories - 1513
Carbs - 139 (19 fiber)
Protein - 130
Fat - 48
C/P/F Ratio - 36.9/34.4/28.7

No comments: