Monday, February 9, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 2 - Monday

I realized the biggest beef I have with ChaLean Extreme. These combination moves don't really help my leg muscles much, especially my hamstrings. My small arm muscle raises are weak so I have to use small weights. Small weights aren't going to do jack for my deadlift. It's frustrating because I know I can deadlift a lot more than I'm using here for the posterior fly. I've also been hindered with grip and wrist weakness when I do squats with dumbbells, so I've switched to my EZ Curl bar, to maximize the leg work. I know I have to work on grip and my wrist but I don't think I should sacrifice my squats to do that.

Today I did Burn Circuit 1. It consists of 1 set of 12 (or at least 10) to failure of the following:

sumo squat w/ hip lift [45 lb EZ Curl Bar]
lunge w/ posterior fly [7.5 lb dumbbells]
push up w/ leg lift - 6 on toes, 6 on knees
deadlift w/ posterior fly [7.5 lb dumbbells]
lunge w/ core rotation [20 lb dumbbell]
bench press w/ leg lower [45 lb EZ Curl Bar]
squat w/ side bend (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [25 lb dumbbells]
forward lean lunge w/ double arm posterior fly (+1 set of 3 flys, super slow) [5 lb dumbbells]
chest fly w/ hip lift (+1 set of 3 push ups, super slow) [10 lb dumbbells]

I was going to tack on some Wii Fit or Sports when I finished but I think I'm coming down with what my son had and I'm exhausted.

I finally got a call from the bone marrow registry. For new readers, I was potentially a very good match for someone and had been in for 2 rounds of blood testing, the last one shortly after Christmas. My potential recipient got too sick and the cancer was really aggressive, and the patient passed away, so they won't be needing me. I am really upset, but there's nothing I could have done differently. I think I might go eat that bag of M&Ms I've been saving for months and months. It hurts that I couldn't do this for someone. I really wanted to be able to do this. Of course, I am still on the registry, so maybe someday, they can use me again.

8:50 AM - apple & cottage cheese

10:25 AM - roast beef salad w/ cheese & light balsamic vinaigrette; I think I ate too much beef

11:50 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

1:45 PM - pumpkin carrot muffin & cottage cheese; I'm not really that hungry but I have to run some errands and won't be back for a while

5:20 PM - Fiber One bar, mozzarella string cheese; dinner is delayed tonight and I couldn't wait so I just grabbed

5:45 PM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

5:55 PM - roast w/ acorn squash baked fries; dinner wasn't delayed as much as I thought it would be - it I'd know it would only be another 30 minutes, I wouldn't have had a snack

Oh, and I didn't eat the M&Ms. I wanted them, but I remembered my vow to actually have a plan for eating them, and not just impulse.

Calories - 1556
Carbs - 131 (24 fiber)
Protein - 149
Fat - 51
C/P/F Ratio - 33/37.8/29.2

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thanks for the update on the bone marrow registry. I'm sorry to hear that the (potential) recipient passed away. :(

I REALLY need to get on that!

And...WOO-HOO...WAY TO GO! (on not eating the M&M's!!!)