Monday, February 2, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 1 - Monday

Today I did Burn Circuit 1. It consists of 1 set of 12 (or at least 10) to failure of the following:

sumo squat w/ hip lift [20 lb dumbbells]
lunge w/ posterior fly [10 lb dumbbells] - too hard, so I'm going to drop the weight next time
push up w/ leg lift - I did these one my knees
deadlift w/ posterior fly [10 lb dumbbells] - again, too hard
lunge w/ core rotation [20 lb dumbbell]
bench press w/ leg lower [10 lb dumbbells] - too light, so I'll add more weight next time
squat w/ side bend (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [20 lb dumbbells]
forward lean lunge w/ double arm posterior fly (+1 set of 3 flys, super slow) [5 lb dumbbells] - I got smart and lowered the weight right off the bat
chest fly w/ hip lift (+1 set of 3 push ups, super slow) [15 lb dumbbells] - a bit too heavy

Overall, I clearly suck!! I didn't do a lot of fly (or side lateral) work in any of my previous programs, so these exercises are extremely difficult for me, especially at the slow pace. That makes so much difference in the difficulty level!!! I thought I was a pretty decent lifter but this stuff is daunting. I almost quit with the first exercise LOL

But I didn't. In fact, I followed up with the Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout. Honestly, I threw that on the end in case I am too sore to do any cardio tomorrow. It's a scheduled rest day, but I am determined to take only 1 rest day a week, on Sundays. We'll see how my body feels tomorrow and I'll decide then.

8:00 AM - apple & cottage cheese

11:30 AM - lettuce, turkey, cheese, tomato & onion on whole wheat tortilla, coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

2:30 PM - tuna salad w/ onion, green pepper, cucumber, celery, tomato, cheese & Caesar Vinaigrette dressing

5:30 PM - mozzarella string cheese; just something to hold me until dinner, because I have no idea when that will be

7:20 PM - pork tenderloin & coleslaw

9:30 PM - Cheerios w/ skim milk

Calories - 1595
Carbs - 137 (17 fiber)
Protein - 139
Fat - 155
C/P/F Ratio - 34.3/34.8/30.9

No comments: