Wednesday, February 4, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 1 - Wednesday

I cannot believe I made it through yesterday without losing control. I was so preoccupied with food last night, I couldn't concentrate on anything else. It sucked. Nothing sounded good to me - not the crackers or the granola bars or the ice cream or the chocolate. And before anyone suggests that I just get those kinds of things out of my house, it doesn't matter if they are in the house or not. If I want them, I will go out of my way to buy them, and then I will definitely binge. Those kinds of foods being in the house do not harm me or bother me in any way. I wanted something last night, but didn't know what. Getting off the computer helped a lot. 99% of the time, if I post my blog with my daily totals and shut it all down, I can get through it without a problem. Thank goodness there hasn't been any online drama to keep me hanging around longer. You can't get off the computer when there's a message board cat fight!

I'm going to be completely honest here. I almost decided to hold off on ChaLean Extreme until next week. Since I didn't get to exercise yesterday (my own stupid choice, even though it was a rest day), and my son is still in that needy, annoying place (he is doing much better though!!! I am sending his butt to school tomorrow), it would have been easy to postpone. Fortunately, I came to my senses and Sebastian was fairly cooperative.

So I did Burn Circuit 2 - 1 set of 12 (or at least 10) to failure of the following:

sumo squat w/ bicep curl [15 lb dumbbells]
lunge w/ one arm triceps extension [10 lb dumbbell]
deadlift w/ row [20 lb dumbbells]
sumo squat w/ overhead triceps extension [15 lb dumbbell]
deadlift w/ reverse grip row [15 lb dumbbells]
bowler's lunge w/ one arm row [15 lb dumbbell]
bicep curl w/ abductor balance (+1 set of 3 curls, super slow)[10 lb dumbbells]
forward lean lunge w/ double row (+1 set of 3 rows, super slow)[15 lb dumbbells]
triple thread push up (+1 set of 3, super slow) - I did these on my knees. Again.

All the weights were good for me. I followed up with Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout. I don't think I'm going to keep throwing this in at the end of the circuits. The Wii Fit might be a better idea, since I'm getting cardio on other days. My balance really, really needs work.

7:20 AM - apple & cottage cheese

11:50 AM - turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

12:15 PM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

1:50 PM - ham, onion, tomato, lettuce & avocado on whole wheat tortilla

6:20 PM - chicken soup (roasted chicken & broth, salsa, sour cream), millet/flax/spinach lavash

Calories - 1572
Carbs - 110 (28 fiber)
Protein - 132
Fat - 61
C/P/F Ratio - 29/34.8/36.2

2 comments:

Jess said...

That is SO awesome! You did a great job keeping a handle on everything! I've actually had a really good few days too. :)

Becky said...

Thanks, Jess! Go us!!!!