Friday, February 6, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 1 - Friday

My abs are a bit tender today, mostly in the obliques. I feel good, though. I am enjoying these workouts, I guess. Mostly, I'm excited about what they will (hopefully) do for my body. I'm trying not to let my expectations get too high, but it's hard not to feel empowered. The weights I'm lifting look a little discouraging but I really am maxing out the effort. In the end, that's all I can really do. I have to stop comparing this program the one I was doing. These are combination moves that I haven't really done a lot of. At first, I was ashamed that my weights were so low but not now. The tempo is slower, the set goes to 12, and there is practically no rest between exercises. So I have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Today was Burn Circuit 3 - 1 set of 12 (or at least 10) to failure of the following:

sumo squat /w overhead press [10 lb dumbbells]
lunge w/ calf raise [15 lb dumbbells]
squat w/ lateral raise [5 lb dumbbells]
lunge w/ frontal press [10 lb dumbbells]
squat w/ calf raise [15 lb dumbbells]
sumo squat w/ deltoid raise [5 lb dumbbells]
squat w/ overhead press (+1 set of 3 presses, super slow) [10 lb dumbbells]
lunge w/ lateral raise [5 lb dumbbells]
extreme pushups - I did 1 rep on my toes, 2 on my knees
sumo squat w/ calf raise (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [15 lb dumbbells]

I followed up with 20 minutes of Wii Sports (baseball & tennis) and 20 minutes on the Wii Fit.

7:30 AM - apple & cottage cheese

11:45 AM - lunch buffet; I took my mom out to lunch because she's leaving town for a few weeks; I had one plate of salad vegetables with just a little bt of dressing then another plate with very small portions of some of the items from the buffet; my only regret is dessert - I had a small scoop of some sort of Oreo pudding and 3 cookies; after eating the sweets, I felt nauseated - it was just too sweet! I have learned that my body doesn't need or want more than just a little!

1:00 PM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

2:30 PM - banana

6:30 - sushi; I couldn't eat too much without getting stuffed

No numbers today because of the unknowns, but I am really, really proud of myself for not using those unknowns as an excuse to eat tons of whatever junk I wanted. Surprisingly, I had NO cravings at all today!!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

You did great today! I'm so proud of you!

I can't wait till the day that sweets make me ill. :P