Monday, September 22, 2008

NROL - Week 8 - Monday

I am all confused about the NROL schedule. I always think it takes 2 weeks longer to complete the program than it actually does. I thought this was a 6 week program but it looks like I'll be done next week, after 4 weeks. I'll have time to do Fat Loss II before I go on vacation!! I didn't think I would, so I planned on going back to Break In for a couple weeks, as filler. Awesome!

Today was Fat Loss IA, with 60 second rest periods:

[superset w/ full rest]:
squat 3x12x42
bent over bb row 3x12x38

[superset w/ full rest]:
supine hip extension 3x12xbw
db push press 3x12x15

[superset w/ full rest]:
rotational lunge 3x12x7.5 (per leg)
swiss ball crunch 3x12x20

For some reason, the workout today was pretty easy, and I didn't even sweat like I normally do. I wasn't out of breath much. My form was good, too! So, I'll be bumping the weights up again next time, even though today's were up from last time. Next time I do Fat Loss IA, I do 3x10. Exciting. I think it's the 3x15 that kicks my ass.

I'm going to stop indicating where I eat, unless it's out of the ordinary. Assume I ate on the couch, at the table, or at my desk. I'll still note circumstances and feelings, for the most part, especially if they are negative.

It's a high calorie day. I've been starving.

6:40 AM - apple & cottage cheese;

9:45 AM - scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper, & chipotle sauce, toast w/ butter; I felt a little guilty for having butter, but only for a split second; the meal wasn't all that satisfying, but I had things to do and needed to eat

10:00 AM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

1:20 PM - chicken breast, cheese & chipotle sauce on tortilla, celery; I'm trying to keep the calories down because of poppers tonight but it's not working well; I am so damn hungry today - I hate PMS!

4:25 PM - Special K Protein Plus cereal w/ skim milk; still yuck

6:30 PM - chicken breast, cheese & chipotle sauce on tortilla

9:30 PM - turkey bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers (half w/cream cheese, half w/ mozzarella cheese)

Calories - 2095
Carbs - 169 (41 fiber)
Protein - 188
Fat - 86
C/P/F Ratio - 30.8/34.1/35.1

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I like your idea of writing down what you eat, where you eat (even if you don't do that anymore) and how you're feeling. I think that's what most of the books recommend doing..it kind of gets you into the habit of observing patterns, right? I might steal that idea from you if it's ok? Though i'll probably still end up babbling endlessly!

Becky said...

Go for it, Hayley! It's been a little helpful to me, but I think it would be even more helpful, say a year from now, when I look back at the process.