Saturday, September 13, 2008

NROL - Week 6 - Saturday

Today's exercise was the NROL Fat Loss IA program, which supersets pairs of exercises, with 75 second rest periods:

[superset w/ full rest]:
squat
2x15x32
1x15x37
bent over bb row 3x15x34

[superset w/ full rest]:
supine hip extension 3x15xbw
db push press 3x15x10

[superset w/ full rest]:
rotational lunge 3x15x5 (per leg)
swiss ball crunch 3x15x15

Next time I do this workout, I do 3x12, with 60 seconds of rest. Yikes!

Food-wise, things are going well. Overall, I don't find myself craving junk food very often. There have been chips and ice cream in the house for the last month, and I've not had any. The thought does cross my mind now and then, but it's not that frantic, overwhelming kind of obsession. I know I haven't beat this by a long shot, but I'm pretty proud of myself so far. Of course, I'm just finishing Week 6, which is usually one of my problem areas. Allowing myself to eat things like the brown rice salad and the sweet potato or pumpkin muffins has really helped keep the binges at bay.

I will admit that I am nervous about tomorrow. I'm hosting a cookout. I do have healthy foods planned but my concern is overeating those. Would it look odd if I weighed my food before I ate it? The company I'm having over is aware of my "diet" and I know they are supportive, so that wouldn't really be an issue. And it's fruits and vegetables I'd be snacking on before our meal, which is going to be grilled hamburgers, coleslaw, and corn on the cob. My husband wanted chips but I don't think those will be a problem for me. Also, I've eaten meals in the last 6 weeks and haven't tracked them. Okay, only 2 meals in that whole time, but it's still an area where I need to have some control. Oh well. We'll see how it goes.

7:40 AM - apple & cottage cheese; eaten on couch; I really wasn't hungry but I needed to eat before working out

9:40 AM - sweet potato muffin; eaten on couch; I sure was hungry by the time I finished working out and getting a shower; I wanted 2 muffins but stuck with just 1

11:30 AM - pork ribs & brown rice salad, coffee w/ cream & Splenda; eaten on couch; I just cannot get enough food today; fortunately, I want "good" foods instead of junk

2:50 PM - brown rice salad; eaten at desk; I just can't stop thinking about food; I'm so hungry and I know this won't keep me full until dinner

7:00 PM - McDonald's Asian Grilled Chicken salad w/ light balsamic vinaigrette dressing; eaten at desk; this was pretty good, but not very filling; I was going to have another muffin, but decided to hold off; then I saw that I forgot to include the one I ate earlier in my tracker, so I thought I had more wiggle room with calories, but I don't; that upsets me

Calories - 1512
Carbs - 135 (16 fiber)
Protein - 116
Fat - 58
C/P/F Ratio - 35.3/30.4/34.4

1 comment:

Hayley said...

6 WEEKS..WOW!!! If I was there I would hug you and jump for you! I'm hoping I will be able to say the same thing in 6 weeks time. I think you have made incredible progress and you deserve more credit - you may not have beaten the binge monster ENTIRELY but you're sure well ahead of the game.

If your company tomorrow understands your eating habits then do what you need to do for YOU. One thing I'm learning is that you shouldn't try to change the way you act, eat, feel, think, etc to suit anyone else. If you need to weigh your foods then do it...they should admire you for working on your health!

You really inspire me Becky! :)