Sunday, September 14, 2008

NROL - Week 6 - Sunday

I weighed in at 151.5 today - down half a pound since last week. From a rational standpoint, that's good, acceptable loss. From my own twisted mindset, it's slow. I feel thinner though, if that counts!

The problem I'm having today is the cookout. I don't intend to measure out my food once my guests arrive, but I'm trying to use that as an excuse not to measure the rest of the day, when I really should. It feels like a "free pass" to eat what I want, in this case, the remaining sweet potato muffins. If I do that, it's 800 calories and 120 grams of carbs, just from the muffins. Not a good idea. I could probably eat half a cantaloupe without breaking a sweat, too. (But if I do break a sweat, can I count it as cardio?)

7:40 AM - cottage cheese; eaten in kitchen; I was in a hurry and just wanted to get something down

8:20 AM - sweet potato muffin; eaten in kitchen; I actually put 2 on my plate but put 1 back; good for me

8:30 AM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

10:55 AM - mozzarella cheese sticks; eaten at desk; it's taking everything in me not to dive face first into all the food in the refrigerator

Shortly before noon, I decided to have a bowl of Cheerios. I didn't measure and BAM! Next thing I knew, I was eating the remaining muffins. I ate all three of them and felt guilty, but decided it could be worse. Then it got worse. I had a few chips (not many, certainly not enough to qualify as a binge), then I ate a bunch of the vegetables I had out for company. I am fine with that. I don't think I went overboard on anything except the muffins, and even that, I wouldn't say I binged.

And now I'm wondering if I'm just saying things don't qualify as binges just to make myself feel better. I did not really feel out of control. I made a conscious choice to eat all three muffins at once. I deliberately overate? I guess I'll leave it at that. I don't feel like this is going to hinder my progress. I'm certain I can be perfectly on track tomorrow.

Okay, I just had some potato chips and I really thought I'd pig out on them. I really couldn't have if I tried. I probably had 2 serving and had to stop for fear of bursting. Progress? I don't know. In my head, I want to eat, but my body is telling my head to STFU.

No numbers today.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I was sure I responded to this post...but now I don't see it? Maybe not..I was gone all day yesterday but I remember checking your blog. Maybe I just thought i responded?

I hope yesterday went well for you! Cookouts/get-togethers/parties can be tough. If I stay busy chatting enough i'm ok, but like yesterday when all we did was sit around and watch football (gag me) I want to eat out of BOREDOM!!

Hayley said...

Oh by the way - I don't think that was a binge either! Just a normal case of overeating a bit...but nOT a binge. "Normal eaters" overeat every now and then, too! :)