Thursday, September 18, 2008

NROL - Week 7 - Thursday

I've decided to make some changes to my workout schedule. Instead of cardio MWF and weights TThSa, I'm switching those around. My reasons are three-fold. I need to have music when I lift and on Saturdays, I don't have the house to myself, so it's not easy to get my music playing. And instead of doing a video on Saturdays, I'll use the Wii with my son - this way I get some use out of that and get some quality time with the kid. Or, I can sleep in if I've had a good week. Good idea, I think. It leaves my weekends more flexible in terms of type and quality of exercise. I was going to wait until next week to implement this change, but I think I will do it immediately, which means weights two days in a row. Fortunately, the program is designed to do it that way, since the body parts I'll be working out aren't the same.

Today was Fat Loss IA, with 60 second rest periods

[superset w/ full rest]:
squat
2x12x37
1x12x42
bent over bb row
2x12x34
1x12x38

[superset w/ full rest]:
supine hip extension 3x12xbw
db push press 3x12x15

[superset w/ full rest]:
rotational lunge 3x12x7.5 (per leg)
swiss ball crunch 3x12x20

8:10 AM - cottage cheese & cantaloupe; eaten on couch before workout

11:30 AM - tuna fish, cheese, mayo, mustard, chipotle sauce, celery on low carb, low fat tortilla; eaten on couch; I was hungry again shortly after eating but didn't eat more food just yet

11:45 AM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

2:25 PM - peanut butter & jelly sandwich; eaten on couch; I haven't had one of these in forever, and I worried it would trigger some cravings; it was satisfying in a sweet way, but not very filling at all

6:30 PM - green beans & pork loin; eaten at table; good food, but I was still hungry after eating; I'm thankful the sandwich earlier didn't trigger anything

Calories - 1393
Carbs - 117 (28 fiber)
Protein - 110
Fat - 58
C/P/F Ratio - 32.8/30.8/36.4

No comments: