Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Challenge 2 Day 37

In true New Year's fashion, I reflected on my last year of weight loss and browsed through my notebook where I logged my information before putting it on the computer. When I left for New York during the summer, I weighed in at 151 pounds. Today, six months later, I weighed in at 150 pounds. So in half a year, I've lost a whopping 1 NET POUND!!!!!!! I realize that there was a lot of up and down in that last half of 2007, but I did find it amusing that all I had to show for the last 6 months was a pathetic 16 ounces.

But then I realized that I have a lot more than that going for me. I've made great progress, nutritionally and physically, in the last six months. I've stopped the unhealthy practice of eating less and less. I've picked up a good habit or two. I'm stronger and leaner than I was 6 months ago.

And, looking at the big picture - I lost 41 pounds in 2007. I started 2007 at 191 pounds. I'm more than halfway to goal. So 2007 was nothing to sneeze at, and you're darn right I'm going to brag about my progress. I'm not ashamed of my mistakes along the way, either, because I have learned from them. So, here's to a healthy (but not necessarily perfect) 2008! Will I reach my goal of 115 pounds? Who knows. Will I be upset if I don't? Heck no. All I can do is just keep doing what I've been doing.

Back to your regularly scheduled blog entry...

I'm committing to 12 virtual 5Ks this year, on or about the first of every month. Today's V5K went very well. I did my regular BFL cardio in the morning, then a few hours later, did the 5K. I was trying to watch a show on my Zune, so I wasn't going as fast as I could have, but I still worked up quite the sweat.

January V5k stats: 3.11 miles in 50:05

(I can't tell exactly when I hit 3.1 miles because of the way the treadmill's tracker functions, hence the 1/100th detail.)

apple
cottage cheese

hard boiled egg
whole wheat mini bagel w/ cream cheese

coffee w/ cream
venison
cauliflower

cottage cheese

venison & bean stuffed cabbage w/ onion, garlic, tomato sauce

toast w/ butter

Calories - 1664
Carbs - 137 (31 fiber)
Protein - 185
Fat - 52
C/P/F Ratio - 31.1/42.2/26.7

No comments: