Monday, September 3, 2007

Week 3

Week 3 was a mixed bag. I was horrible about staying off the scale. I was on that stupid thing every day, and it was driving me nuts. So no more - Sundays only from now on. It finally clicked in that I'm not going see rapid losses like I did while doing Atkins or eating under 1000 calories. This was a big revelation for me. In order for me to take this weight off and keep it off, I need to do it slowly, in a way that doesn't deprive me of anything. I don't feel deprived doing it this way at all. I did deprive myself on low calorie diets and on Atkins. I guess it really does go to show that the diet that works best is one you can stick to. Not that I've stuck to this long term, but I didn't stick to Atkins, which did take the weight off. And that's because I didn't feel like doing Atkins the right way. I hated the carb ladder. I don't have to worry about that with BFFM/BFL.

I am pleased with my progress. In 3 weeks, I'm down 6 p0unds. I'd like to lose 30-45 more pounds, depending on body fat. I'm shooting for 22%, maybe 20% for now. Hopefully, I can achieve these goals in 3 challenges.

I took a good look at myself today. I'm incredibly flabby and I have a lot of fat to lose. For some reason, I wasn't all that upset. Sure, I regret getting myself into this condition in the first place, but for once, I wasn't disgusted because I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. And just knowing the transformation that my body will undergo in the next year keeps me from getting depressed.

Food yesterday was pretty good. I ate a normal breakfast and lunch, then a quick yogurt snack. For dinner, we went to a seafood buffet (we only go twice a year, when my father-in-law is visiting, his treat!!) and I tried a few things that I've never had before. I eat quiet a bit, I admit, but I didn't stress about it. I enjoyed it. And I ate enough that there was no room in my stomach to come home and drink like I'd planned. I don't drink often, but when I do, I like to get a good buzz. All those calories add up. So, in the end, I think I saved myself some calories. And a hangover. That was the real reason I didn't want to drink - I didn't want to risk a hangover interfering with my workout in the morning.

No comments: