Saturday, September 1, 2007

Another BFLer pointed this out.

We're doing 60 reps per muscle group.

It doesn't seem like that much. Thinking back on the days of 3 sets of 12, I'm shocked that I'm actually capable of doing this current program. Some muscle builders will argue that only sets of 5-6 are really needed, provided the weight load is very heavy. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point where I can do that. Competitive body building is not something I am really interested in, but I would like to build some significant muscle, more than just tone up. For now, I'm content to read about really building muscle, not the stuff that makes people comment, "Oh, you're just building muscle" when someone posts of gaining a pound or two in a week. It doesn't happen like that, I know. But I really want to get into the science of it all.

Yes, I am a geek.

No comments: