Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Challenge 1 Day 22

The new LBWO with increased weight is great! I was really feeling it. I also found a great article to help me with my ab exercises and I think it helped me focus on improving my form. So, yay there! I think I need to increase the load on the dead lifts a bit, so I'll do that with Friday's session.

I tried another EAS product, the chocolate peanut butter snack bar. It was ok. Not as gastrically distressing as the brownie bar I tried last week. The bars are ok for emergencies, but since they are so expensive and pumped full of chemicals, I won't be buying them regularly. It makes me wonder how people can eat stuff like that on a regular basis - is it really any healthier than eating a bag of M&Ms or other "evil" food? Heck, I can pronounce the ingredients in M&Ms, but not in the EAS products. So which one is really the lesser of two evils? I think I'd enjoy it more if I balanced a handful of M&Ms with a handful of jerky.

Other than my emergency snack bar, food was good. I paired the carb overload of the bar with some salami, so my sodium intake was pretty high. Salami is good though. Expensive, but good.

3 oz apple
3/4 cup regular cottage cheese
16 oz coffee w/ 2 tbs skim milk

1 tbs onion
1 tbs green pepper
3 tsp garlic
1/2 cup egg mates
1 large egg
1 whole wheat mini bagel
2 slices ff turkey
1 tsp mustard

5 oz carrots
2 oz broccoli
4 oz cauliflower
4 oz chicken breast
(all of this was roasted in a bit of balsamic vinegar, and was great!)

1 AdvantEdge chocolate peanut butter snack bar
3 slices salami

2/3 cup corn
6 oz top sirloin

Calories - 1346
Carbs - 106 (18 fiber)
Protein - 148
Fat - 41
Ratio - 30.7c/42.9p/26.4f

No comments: