Thursday, August 28, 2008

NROL - Week 4 - Thursday

Today was the NROL Break In A workout:

squats 2x15x32

[superset w/ full rest]:
static lunge 2x15x7.5
2 pt db row w/ elbows out 2x15x15

[superset w/ full rest]:
push up on knees 2x15xbw
crunch on Swiss ball 2x20xbw

I am beginning to warm up to this program. I hated it in earlier weeks, but I really feel like I'm working hard. I know how much one sweats is not a good indicator of how hard one is working, but I sweat a lot, my heart rate gets elevated a bit, and I feel good. Well, as good as I can be with quivery arms and legs.

I have to admit, I am getting very nervous about this holiday weekend. My father-in-law is coming to visit, and when he is down here, he takes us to a very expensive seafood buffet. The food itself is not the problem for me. I can limit myself on that because, quite frankly, I'm not a fan of the food. However, the desserts are to die for, and that is where I run into problems. But alas, that's not the only issue. Tomorrow, I promised my son we'd take him to his favorite buffet to celebrate his first week of school. Again, it's not the food, but the desserts. I don't know if I should try to have a dessert or not. I do worry that it will trigger something in me. I am fairly certain I will eat a bit more regular food than I should. I'm always happy when the selection sucks, because then I stick to the salad bar. But that dessert bar gets me most of the time. I think I've managed to escape it once. So I'm not sure what to do here. Maybe if I skip dessert there, I can come home and treat myself to some pumpkin carrot muffins!

6:40 AM - apple & cottage cheese; eaten on couch

9:00 AM - pumpkin carrot muffin, coffee w/ cream & Splenda; eaten on couch; this was the last muffin, but I thought there were two left. Guess what I'm making today?

12:40 PM - brown rice & steak w/ steak sauce; eaten at desk; leftover burnt meat - yummy!! I also licked the bowl from the batch of muffins I made. Don't worry - I scraped most of it into the muffin cups.

1:35 PM - pumpkin carrot muffins; I gobbled it down as I walked out of the kitchen; these things are so good, I could just weep!

5:00 PM - Well, okay, we went out to dinner tonight, last minute change of plans. I had a salad (lettuce, onion, hard boiled egg, baby corn, pepperoni) with ranch dressing, wild rice and vegetables, and a 9 oz sirloin steak, medium rare! And NO DESSERT!!!!

Since I couldn't track what I ate at the restaurant, these numbers only reflect what I ate before dinner.

Calories - 1026
Carbs - 128 (10 fiber)
Protein - 61
Fat - 32
C/P/F Ratio - 49.2/23.4/27.5

No comments: