Monday, August 11, 2008

NROL - Week 2 - Monday

I know I said I was going to do some Tae Bo for cardio today, but I didn't. I did the Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout. We got up late and my son wanted to use the Wii Fit, and I just didn't feel like arguing with a 4 year old. We're having enough battles with bedtime routines due to school starting in 2 weeks, so I'm just picking mine wisely now. I did manage to get about 20 minutes of Wii Sports in. Nothing too exhausting. Ok, nothing remotely resembling exercise, really.

There's some ice cream in the house, and I'm completely uninterested, but there's a recipe for pumpkin carrot muffins from SparkPeople that is absolutely wonderful, and I'm thinking of making them. I'll be honest - if I make them, I will eat too many. I already know it. They are that good. They aren't particularly unhealthy, but as a lower carb person, the carbohydrate content is kind of scary. And that's absurd because in the end, I ultimately believe it's a matter of calories. Oh, and another problem I have is my can of pumpkin is 15 ounces, and I only need half a cup. I have no use for pumpkin, other than pie and muffins. So I'd have to make a second batch later this week.

Ok, I made the muffins. I sliced off part of the bad of my thumb while grating carrots. I was cleaning the food processor blade and wasn't paying attention. It hurts a lot, and if I don't eat 5 of those muffins myself (have to give one to my son), it will be a miracle.

I finished the book Overcoming Binge Eating by Dr. Christopher Fairburn (which I will blog about separately before the week is over). I'm going to start tracking my food as suggeted in the book, so the format for my blog is going to be a bit different. I'm going to add in times and feelings/circumstances. This is supposed to be private, but I really don't feel like messing with a million different journals, you know? I could keep it all private and stop blogging entirely, but what fun would that be?

Oh, and for the record, I drink 80 ounces of plain water every day (usually not on Sundays, though), but I don't write it down.

7:50 AM - cantaloupe & cottage cheese, eaten on the couch; was really hungry, though I hadn't been hungry at all 20 minutes prior

9:50 AM - coffee w/ splenda & light cream; kind of hungry since eating earlier but I worked out, took a shower, and cleaned to keep myself distracted

11:30 AM - coffee w/ Splenda & light cream, grilled cheese & egg sandwich (don't laugh - this was really good: sliced up hard boiled eggs, American cheese, mozzarella cheese with a dash of garlic powder on double fiber bread - I will be having this again!!!); eaten on the couch; I think I ate it too fast, even though I tried to slow down; I was disappointed when it was gone, but since it was so high fat, I didn't think eating something else would have been a good idea. Looking back, some fresh vegetables might have been a good option.

2:45 PM - turkey bacon, tomato, onion sandwich w/ mustard (on whole wheat roll); eaten at desk while surfing Internet; not really bored - just wanted my snack while I caught up on some reading. This was so fantastic I am having another tomorrow to use up the rest of the tomato!

4:15 PM - diet cherry Pepsi; I just sliced off part of my thumb so I'm really upset.

4:55 PM - coffee w/ Splenda & light cream, pumpkin carrot muffin; eaten at desk; I feel like I deserve it. But I also feel guilty for trying to justify eating the stupid muffin.

6:30 PM - diet cherry Pepsi, roasted chicken breast (plus a little skin - the chicken's, not mine - we never found the chunk of my thumb though) & broccoli; eaten and dining table with family; very full but I want more.

Calories - 1508
Carbs - 132 (27 fiber)
Protein - 120
Fat - 65
C/P/F Ratio - 33.2/30/36.9

No comments: