Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NROL - Week 1 - Tuesday

I started the New Rules of Lifting Break In program today. I'm alternating the two workouts, 3 times a week for the next six weeks. I actually followed the plan and did my light cardio to warm up my whole body (just 5 minutes on the elliptical) then did some dynamic stretching, as described in the book. Then I actually did warm up sets before my working sets! Ha! I've never done so much prep. I wasn't sure what weights to start with, because I'm used to a lower rep range. Here's what I ended up doing, the Break In A workout:

squats 2x15x27

[superset w/ full rest]:
static lunge 2x15xbw
2 pt db row w/ elbows out 2x15x10

[superset w/ full rest]:
push up on knees 2x15xbw
crunch on Swiss ball 2x20xbw

I'll probably start out higher next time. My quads, especially my left, are messed up!!! I could barely walk after I finished the lunges. I'm glad I decided to hold off on the HIIT/Metabolic Overdrive until next week. I know I'll have DOMS in the morning. I'm kind of looking forward to it. The dumbbell rows were interesting. I've never done them that way before. I liked it. I was really sweating by the time I finished the workout. That 60 seconds of rest goes by quickly. I'm used to 90-120 seconds.

b - cottage cheese, apple
l - coffee w/ cream, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, toast
d - fajitas (cubed steak, low carb/fat tortilla, green pepper, onion, salsa, sour cream, cheese)
snack - yogurt

Calories - 1589
Carbs - 121 (28 fiber)
Protein - 134
Fat - 72
C/P/F Ratio - 29.1/32.2/38.7

No comments: