Thursday, August 7, 2008

NROL - Week 1 - Thursday

I am in agony today! My quads are still killing me and my workout really suffered. I used a short step for a step-up riser instead of my usual stepper thingy, which is not a stepper, but a wooden chair my father made long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away. My deadlifts, in particular, were of poor form. Aside from the ache in my legs, I've never really done a conventional deadlift. I just can't see how it's hamstring dominant at all, when I'm basically reverse sqatting with the barbell. So, today was Break In B workout:

deadlifts 2x15x43

[superset w/ full rest]:
step-up 2x15xbw
db 1 arm shoulder press 2x15x10

[superset w/ full rest]:
close-grip lat pull 2x15x40 (really easy, but I was too tired/lazy to add more weight)
reverse crunch 2x20xbw

Food is still going well. I'm dying for junk food, though. I'm reading through the binge eating book, and that's helping. I'll post about that sometime. I want to finish the book and make sure I understand it all. It's...an eye-opener, for sure.

b - apple & cottage cheese
l - scrambled eggs w/ chipotle sauce, turkey bacon, toast w/butter, iced coffee w/ cream and milk
d - nothing, because my stupid husband couldn't come home at a decent time and I was too mad to bother cooking (yes, I need to work on this)
snack - mozzarella quesadilla

Calories - 1194
Carbs - 69 (14 fiber)
Protein - 92
Fat - 65
C/P/F Ratio - 22.5/29.8/47.8

No comments: