Saturday, August 30, 2008

NROL - Week 4 - Saturday

Another miserable night. I took Tylenol PM last night and just as I fell asleep, my son threw up all over the bed, so I was wide awake cleaning that up. The poor little guy was up on and off with the sniffles, and of course that means I am up on and off all night. I did sleep in a little this morning and I seriously considered pushing my workout to tomorrow. But as soon as he got up, my son seemed fine. He still has a runny nose and sniffles, but he's acting normal. Which means I can do my routine. So, I did. I did the NROL Break In B workout, same parameters as Tuesday:

deadlifts 2x15x57

[superset w/ full rest]:
step-up 2x15x10
db 1 arm shoulder press 2x15x15

[superset w/ full rest]:
close-grip lat pull 2x15x62
reverse crunch 2x20xbw

I'm thinking of buying a few sessions with a personal trainer. A new sports club opened up down the road - I actually pass it on the way to my son's school - and I think it would be good for me to get some professional input on my form. Of course, I could always do a video and upload it and have one of the boards I'm on critique my form, but they can't physically guide any adjustments I'd need. So, I am going to keep that in the back of my head.

Food has been really weird lately. I've been eating too many not-so-good carbs and not enough green vegetables (as I mentioned yesterday). And of course, the thought of all the foods I "can't" have is always there. One of my big problems is preparation and storage of food. Take the cantaloupe, for example. I eat it half a melon at a time. This is a bit excessive, but I just don't feel like storing it differently than I do (I just toss on a reusable stretchy cover). But if I cut back to a quarter melon and included, say, a hard-boiled egg, I think I'd better meet my goals to keep carbs down a little and fats up a bit. Of course, that would mean I'd have to make hard-boiled eggs, which is always a challenge because I never know when I'm going to get a good peel. I can't eat an egg that's been butchered during peeling. I've tried a million different methods of cooking and peeling the eggs. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. And then, sometimes I don't eat all the eggs before they go bad - even if I only make a few! Of course, these are just excuses for my laziness.

8:40 AM - cantaloupe; eaten on couch before workout

10:30 AM - Cheerios w/ skim milk; eaten on couch shortly after workout; I was wiped out and starving; I should have had some protein but I just desperately wanted Cheerios. Then I wanted more. I could live on them. But I stuck to one serving!

12:05 PM - chicken breast, baby carrots, colby cheese; eaten on couch; I ate slowly while reading a book and actually felt quite full by the time I finished

12:30 PM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

3:00 PM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda, pumpkin carrot muffins; eaten at desk; I made banana bread for my husband and the pumpkin muffins were my reward for not licking the bowl.

6:35 PM - scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, broccoli, mozzarella cheese; eaten at desk; I didn't really want to cook and I seriously considered skipping dinner

Calories - 1517
Carbs - 147 (21 fiber)
Protein - 98
Fat - 63
C/P/F Ratio - 38.1/25.3/36.6

2 comments:

Joy said...

Wow you're amazing. You're up with your sick son you and still work out. Good job!!! I can't imagine having kids and doing everything else on top of that. :-)

Becky said...

Thanks. I can skip cardio without feeling guilty but if I have weight training scheduled, I'd have be be dead or dying not to do it. I don't know what it is, but unless I am really sick, I cannot skip a planned weight session.