Thursday, August 21, 2008

NROL - Week 3 - Thursday

I'm feeling a little frustrated today. I don't know why. I feel like I haven't been making enough progress with my weight loss, and that's absurd! I'm still resentful that I can't just eat what I want, when I want it. I do feel good about the choices I've been making, though, and that is keeping me focused.

I'm having some wicked, wicked cravings today! So much so that I'm considering making some low carb treats, but the portion control issue (as in, I have none!) is stopping me. But I'd kill for a chocolate oatmeal no bake cookie right now!!

I did the NROL Break In B workout, same parameters as Saturday:

deadlifts 2x15x52

[superset w/ full rest]:
step-up 2x15x5
db 1 arm shoulder press 2x15x12

[superset w/ full rest]:
close-grip lat pull 2x15x56
reverse crunch 2x20xbw

I desperately want to drop the ab work from my weight training and do Ab Jam (or even check out that Crunchless Abs program). I hate lying down to do abs. It makes my whole body hurt. If I can find an effective alternative, I may go with that. Ab Jam - the standing segment - takes about 9 minutes, so it would take a little longer, but it's fun and has a little bit of a cardio feeling to it.

8:40 AM - apple & cottage cheese; eaten on couch before workout

12:10 PM - tuna patties w/ colby cheese, mustard, horseradish sauce, onion & tomato on whole wheat roll, coffee w/ cream & Splenda; eaten on couch; I ate slowly while reading the No Binge book; it didn't feel like enough but after about 20 minutes, I wasn't hungry

3:20 PM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda, chicken & red bean salad w/ sour cream & salsa; eaten at desk; not super hungry but need a holdover meal until dinner

7:00 PM - diet cherry Pepsi, turkey bacon, eggs; eaten at desk; I definitely ate too much here

Calories - 1654
Carbs - 104 (23 fiber)
Protein - 149
Fat - 68
C/P/F Ratio - 25.5/36.7/37.8

No comments: