Saturday, August 9, 2008

NROL - Week 1 - Saturday

My elliptical is making that crazy clacking sound again! What a piece of crap. If we have to fix it one more time, I'm getting rid of it. I would love to buy a treadmill, but I have neither the money nor the space for one, especially after buying the Wii and the Fit (which really isn't good for HIIT). So, now I need to figure out how I'm going to do HIIT cardio without a machine. I could jump rope, but then I'd have to go outside. It's August here, dude. HOT AS HELL 24/7. I don't really want to do bodyweight exercises (such as squats or burpees) for HIIT because my legs desperately need a break after weight lifting. I don't know. I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll just not do HIIT like I planned and do the Turbo Jam intervals on the Fat Blaster DVD, then follow up with a tabata. I don't know. I also have a bunch of Billy Blanks tae bo I could use. I guess I won't be suffering for lack of cardio.

I've been craving food all day. Not necessarily bad for me foods, but beans. I had some with dinner, and I want more. I'm not hungry. I'm just bored, and too tired to actually do anything. I've been bored all day. Well, I was semi-productive, but I had the day to myself. I really want more beans, though. I'm already up there on my calories for the day. I could probably eat more. I'm worried that if I don't eat something, I'll binge. Crap. I need to hurry up and finish the book.

Ok, the issue has passed. Though, I've filled up on Diet Cherry Pepsi. I'm tired and will be going to bed soon. I feel safe.

Today was the NROL Break In A workout:

squats 2x15x27

[superset w/ full rest]:
static lunge 2x15x5 (up 5 pounds [ten, if you count that I was using a pair of 5 pounders] from Tuesday)
2 pt db row w/ elbows out 2x15x12 (up 2 pounds from Tueday)

[superset w/ full rest]:
push up on knees 2x15xbw
crunch on Swiss ball 2x20xbw

I think I need to back off the squat weight and work on my form. Since starting back up, my squat form has sucked. I don't know if my legs are just still shaky from Tuesday or what, but if I recall, Tuesday's form was less than stellar. So, maybe next week I'll just use the bar. Or, I'll do some practice sets tomorrow or Monday.

b - egg salad w/ light mayo & mustard on whole wheat toast
l - chicken salad (w/ sour cream, salsa, hard boiled egg, pepper jack cheese)
d - "chili" (red beans, onion, garlic, chicken breast)
snack - apple, cottage cheese
snack - cauliflower & broccoli w/ ranch dressing

Calories - 1622
Carbs - 119 (35 fiber)
Protein - 143
Fat - 76
C/P/F Ratio - 27.5/33.1/39.4

No comments: