Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Starting Strength/Turbo Fire - Week 1 - Wednesday

I had an orange [0] after I blogged last night.

Today was lower body:

barbell squat 5x5x110 lbs
glute ham raise (on stability ball) 5x10
power clean 5x3x45 lbs

I don't think I've ever done a power clean before. I practiced beforehand with just the bar and about wore myself out. I still don't think I was getting it right. I did one rep at 35 pounds, but it was way too light so I bumped it up a bit. It still felt light but I wanted to get the form down. Hopefully I will be able to increase the weight quickly. I sure wish I had a second barbell so I could make this a circuit. They are fun, though!

Today's cardio was Turbo Fire HIIT 15. I've done it once before. Today I burned 145 calories. I'll take 3 activity points for the entire workout.

Food:
apple [0] & cottage cheese [5]
baked sweet potato [4] w/ olive oil [1] & tilapia [2] w/ cheese [2]
apple [0]
creamy shrimp, pasta & broccoli [11 pts]
yogurt [2] & dark chocolate [4]

One coffee [1] and several teas. I met my GHGs, and used all of my daily and activity points. 49 weekly points remaining.

No comments: