Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Starting Strength/Turbo Fire - Week 1 - Tuesday

I am using the intermediate 4 day split, along with some Turbo Fire workouts for cardio. I've set a bit of an ambitious schedule, with HIIT on weight training days and longer workouts on non-weight days.

dumbbell bench press 5x5x37.5 lbs
barbell push press 1x5x65 lbs
assisted chin up 3x12 - I did 2 unassisted in each set.

It felt good to be working out again. This workout didn't take all that long because I made it a circuit. I probably shouldn't because these exercises all work the same area, but time is critical.

After weights, I did the Fire 30 & Stretch 10 workouts from Turbo Fire. This stuff is no freaking joke. I love Chalene Johnson and am a Turbo fan for life but this kicked my ass!! It's incredibly fast-paced and there are a lot of new moves to learn on the fly. For Fire 30, I burned 289 calories in that short 30 minutes. I didn't wear my HRM for the stretch. That's just gravy.

Activity points: 1 for weights, 3 for the cardio.

Food:
baked oatmeal [6] & apple [0]
baked sweet potato [4] w/ olive oil [1], tilapia [2] w/ cheese [2]
poached eggs [4] w/ cheese [2] & mixed vegetables [0] w/ sauce [1]
cottage cheese [5]
dark chocolate [4]

One coffee [1] and several teas. I met my GHGs, used all of my daily points and 3 of my activity points. I don't roll my activity points, so one is going unused. I still have 49 weekly points remaining.

No comments: