Friday, February 26, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 61 of 84

After I blogged last night, I had a fun size bag of M&Ms [3 pts]. It was hard to just eat one little, tiny bag. They were not satisfying (mentally) at all! It was like giving a dehydrated man a drop of water and disappearing with the full gallon jug. But I told myself, "This is how it's supposed to be. If you insist on eating sugar, you're going to do it in very small doses." Then I told myself to STFU.

Warm Up
Y-squat - 10 reps
Decline push up - 8 reps
Bulgarian split squat - 8 reps per side
Spiderman lunge - 10 reps per side
repeat

Workout D - rest 1 minute after each superset
A1) db push press (3x5x25 lbs)
A2) one-leg ball jackknife (3x10 per side)
B1) db close grip press (1x8x 20 lbs, 2x8x25 lbs)
B2) bb split squat (3x8x45 lbs per side)
C1) assisted pull up (6/6/6)
C2) dips (15/15/15)

I could not do the one-leg jackknife on my floor. Half the floor is the new laminate flooring, a quarter of it is carpet, and the other quarter is just the plywood under the carpet where we started tearing out the floor. So I couldn't find a good spot to get good control over the ball with just one leg. I did regular jackknives for this week and when the floor is finished this weekend, I should be able to do them with one leg next week. 2 activity points

Interval Workout A - 3 min warm up, 30 s bench jumps or shuffles very hard pace, 30 s jog in place moderate pace x 6, 3 min cool down - technically this should have been burpee intervals but I want variety. I alternated bench jumps and shuffles for my work intervals and it worked out very well. 80 calories burned, but I think I'm not going to take the activity point. I'd like to leave some cushion so I don't eat too many points foods. Of course, I could always overeat the Filling Foods so I don't know why I bother keeping track of activity points anyway.

cereal w/ skim milk, banana

omelet w/ onion, green pepper, avocado & salsa, toast w/ reduced-sugar jelly [1 pt]

WW yogurt [1 pt], grapes & mandarin oranges

air popped popcorn w/ extra virgin olive oil, chicken thigh; Odd combination but I had a snack with my son and was still hungry so I stole a piece of chicken from the crock pot.

chicken thigh w/ salsa & light cream cheese [2 pts], sweet potato

apple & cottage cheese

Four cups of coffee and 40 ounces of water. 9 weekly and 13 activity points remaining.

No comments: