Sunday, February 14, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 49 of 84

I made my suspension trainer today. Just from the little bit of playing around with it I did, my abs are a tad sore. I am going to try to use the system this week. I think I can use it for elevated push ups tomorrow, and one-legged squats on Wednesday. I start a new routine after this coming week and I don't see any exercises I could replicate on the suspension trainer. I am going to start a folder in my bookmarks for suspension exercises, and after I finish Turbulence Training in 5 weeks, I may play around with it in my weeks "off" and maybe even take it with me on vacation. If possible, I'd like to put together an upper body routine to do while I do Insanity.

I remembered to weigh in this week (after forgetting last weekend from being sick). I'm up 2 pounds. I don't know what is going on but I'm still not ready to be super strict with my eating. I just can't. It's not good for me, mentally, so I may just have to be content to fluctuate these few pounds for a while. I don't know why I can't control my eating. I am still working on that whole "satisfaction" thing and I really do expect it to take a while to get the hang of. So I am not in a panic yet. I've hung in there for 3 years so far. I can be patient.

We went out for breakfast today, at our favorite buffet. My intention was to eat reasonable portions, and I did! I was full, but not stuffed, but unfortunately, I did not stop at satisfaction. One tiny bowl of fruit put me into the "satisfaction" zone, and I did not go out to eat for damn fruit. I could have done that at home. I'm not disappointed that I "overate" because I do want to be able to do this on occasion. I skipped the last trip the family made to the buffet a few weeks ago and I didn't think it was unreasonable that I went this time.

Lunch was a plate of raw vegetables.

Dinner was crab-stuffed lobster tails, bacon-wrapped scallops, and jasmine rice with mixed vegetables. For the scallops, I left out the lettuce and avocado, and just made the spicy mayonnaise to dip the scallops in.

For dessert, I made some lava cakes that Hungry Girl adapted. I further adapted them because I didn't feel like buying the fat free products just for the recipe. I don't think using 1/2 tsp of butter and 1/2 tsp of skim milk instead of light whipped butter and fat free coffee creamer is going to make much difference in terms of nutritional information. Oh, and instead of using a sugar-free fat-free pudding cup, I just made some sugar-free fat-free pudding. It was very good, but dangerous to have the ingredients on hand. I kept sneaking into the chocolate chip bag, and I ended the day feeling like total crap.

Two cups of coffee. I didn't get any water in today.

No comments: