Monday, February 1, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 36 of 84

I am really, really sick. I don't have the flu (which I have always said is the ONLY thing that would keep me from working out) but I can't breathe well, my chest and head hurt, and I have absolutely zero energy (maybe from not sleeping?). It took everything in me to get my son to school and bring two bags of groceries in the house. I probably won't do any weight training this week, but I hope to get some Turbo Jam in by the end of the week. I hate not working out. HATE IT! But I do need to make sure I don't make things worse, so I'm going to rest for a couple days and try to kick this whatever it is that's wrong.

And I'm doubly upset because last night after I blogged, I ate the damn chocolate I'd been trying to avoid all day. I ate it, and even when I knew I was sick from eating it, I ate more. I probably ate 1000 calories worth of chococolate. Not a binge, but definitely enough to make me sick (not my current sick state) and mad at myself for being such an asshat about it - I'd done so well, even leaving activity points unused!

It's Meatless Monday. I semi-planned for the day.

And when I started this entry this morning (I draft as the day goes), I obviously had no intention of working out. That bugged me all day, so I nutted up and did it.

Warm Up
T-squat - 10 reps
off-set push up - 10 reps
prisoner siff squat - 10 reps
stability ball rollout - 10 reps
repeat

Workout A - rest as little as possible
A) clean & press (4x5x45 lbs)
B1) one-arm db row (3x8x25 lbs)
B2) Bulgarian split squat (3x15x5 ls per side)
C1) db forward lunge (3x8x20 lbs per side)
C2) elevated push up (3x12)

Last week, I did the rows as bent over rows, but reviewing the info for Fusion Fat Loss, it looks like they are actually one-arm dumbbell rows. I like those better. 2 activity points.

Interval Workout A - 3 min warm up, 60 s very hard pace, 120 s moderate pace x 4, 3 min cool down - I'm still "enjoying" this particular pattern. I may keep this treadmill after all.
Distance: 1.31 miles
Calories: 140 (1 activity point)

Overall, my workout today was better than last Monday's!

banana

omelet w/ cottage cheese (don't gag!), onion, green peppers & salsa, toast w/ reduced-sugar jelly [1 pt]

vegetable soup w/ hot salsa (to clear the sinuses!)

apple

polenta crisps & quinoa salad; I made an awesome quinoa dish! I made quinoa in vegetable broth, and when it was done, I mixed it in with some black bean & northern beans, carrot & celery slices, and some herbs (cilantro & parsley) and spices (garlic & onion powder). I thought it might need some kind of vinaigrette dressing but it didn't need anything. And I would not share with my husband. Well, I let him have one small serving but the rest was all mine, mine, mine!

chocolate candy [6 pts]; Damn, I really suck.

Four cups of coffee and 40 ounces of water. 28 weekly and 3 activity points remaining.

No comments: