Saturday, February 13, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 48 of 84

I wasn't in the mood to Turbo today, so I made up my own workout. I put it together last night.

Do the following circuit 10 times:
10 burpees
10 dumbbell swings
10 squat jacks
20 butt kicks
30 second rest
10 jump knee tucks (power jumps)
10 bench jumps
10 shuffles
20 mountain climbers
30 second rest

It was a lot more exhausting than it looked! I only made it through 5 circuits, but I think I'm going to do them every Saturday until my Turbulence Training thing is over. There are just enough weeks for me to add 1 circuit per week, doing 10 the final week (I think). It was a fun, fun workout - something I will for sure keep - but so tiring. With a 3 minute warm up, and a short cool down, it took 22 minutes and I burned 164 calories (I cave myself 1 activity point).

oatmeal w/ peanut butter [3 pts] and banana

scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa, toast w/ reduced-sugar jelly [1 pt]

grapes & mandarin oranges; I sort of picked at these throughout the afternoon.

chicken breast w/ mustard lettuce & tomato on Flat Out bread [1 pt], cream of broccoli soup w/ cheese [2 pts]; I had half of my planned serving and put the other half in the refrigerator. Walking away after just one bowl was so damn hard. It tasted so good, and I wasn't full, but I knew I was satisfied. Or at least what I think they mean by satisfied. My mouth and mind definitely wanted more, and my belly would have welcomed the soup with an open esophageal sphincter. I did, however, eat the rest of it a couple hours later.

Three cups of coffee and 40 ounces of water. 14 weekly and 13 activity points remaining. I'm not counting points tomorrow so I'll be "using these up" during breakfast and dinner. I do intend to keep it all reasonable though.

No comments: