Monday, February 8, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 43 of 84

Meatless Monday again. I planned well. Any chance to make quinoa bean salad is great. Never mind that I'll be eating it for days, just to make it again next week. But I used different beans this week, and added some crunch (carrots, celery & onions). Ooh, maybe next week I'll add some nuts!

Warm Up
T-squat - 10 reps
off-set push up - 10 reps
prisoner siff squat - 10 reps
stability ball rollout - 10 reps
repeat

Workout A - rest as little as possible
A) clean & press (4x5x50 lbs)
B1) one-arm db row (3x8x 30 lbs per side)
B2) Bulgarian split squat (3x15x5 lbs per side)
C1) db forward lunge (3x8x20 lbs per side)
C2) elevated push up (3x12)

Not much to say about this one. I hate Bulgarian split squats. I doubt I will ever enjoy them. 2 activity points.

Interval Workout A - 3 min warm up, 60 s very hard pace, 120 s moderate pace x 4, 3 min cool down - I was not feeling the love today. I was slower than last week but felt like my work intervals were maxed out. I don't know if it was because I'm getting over that cold or what, but it sucked.
Distance: 1.29 miles
Calories: 143 (1 activity point)

banana

omelet w/ onion, green pepper, tomato, avocado & salsa

quinoa & bean salad w/ avocado

acorn squash soup w/ polenta crisps; I really let myself go too long without eating here. I did snack on a large carrot, but 5 hours is too long to go without real food. But I was afraid if I ate a real snack, I wouldn't eat dinner, then end up snacking again later. I didn't particularly care for the meal but it was satisfying in a fueling my body kind of way, though certainly not in an enjoyable experience kind of way. I like my fuel to be enjoyable.

half a banana; I waited about half hour after my soup to see if really was hungry. I was, and half a banana was just enough to push me back over the satisfaction line.

apple & cottage cheese

Four cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water. 35 weekly and 3 activity points remaining. Hooray for a completely Core day!

No comments: