Monday, February 15, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 50 of 84

Meatless Monday again. I didn't really plan out a menu, but kept a general idea in my head.

Warm Up
T-squat - 10 reps
off-set push up - 10 reps
prisoner siff squat - 10 reps
stability ball rollout - 10 reps
repeat

Workout A - rest as little as possible
A) clean & press (4x5x50 lbs)
B1) one-arm db row (3x8x30 lbs per side)
B2) Bulgarian split squat (3x15x7.5 lbs per side)
C1) db forward lunge (3x8x20 lbs per side)
C2) elevated push up (3x12)

I'd planned on doing the Bulgarian split squats and elevated push ups on my suspension trainer, but I was short on time and couldn't mess around with strap adjustments and compensating with my core - it would have taken a lot longer because I have to go slower on the straps. 2 activity points.

Interval Workout A - 3 min warm up, 60 s very hard pace, 120 s moderate pace x 4, 3 min cool down - I was dragging ass for this workout, probably because I didn't eat beforehand. I had to go a few extra seconds to hit my distance goal.
Distance: 1.30 miles
Calories: 137 (1 activity point)

omelet w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

polenta w/ cream of broccoli soup

green smoothie; This was the first time I have ever made a smoothie with spinach & kale. I also used banana & mango, and skim milk and fat free cottage cheese. I put a couple drops of Splenda in it, as well as 1/8 teaspoon of xanthan gum to thicken it up. It was not horrible. It made two servings. I drank one and put the other in the freezer. I'll probably pull it out some time this week and toss it back in the blender to see what happens.

homemade granola bar [4 pts]; I made some fruit & nut granola bars for my son. They are good but SO tiny and not worth the 4 points at all.

polenta, carrot & celery sticks, grapes

vegetable soup w/ brown rice & chick peas; Even though I had two bowls of this, I felt hungry after I finished it. While I was eating, I felt not hungry. Or thought I did. This eating to satisfaction stuff is hard. I'm always afraid I'm going to be hungry 10 minutes after I eat, but I'm afraid of eating too much. I eat often, but I eat relatively little at a time. I know I need to try eating more substantially at my meals, but again, I worry about eating beyond satisfaction. Vegetables are not freaking filling. Fruit just makes me want to keep eating. You know what fills me up? Meat. Not protein, necessarily. Beans & quinoa don't fill me up the way meat does. They are too low fat. I am not getting enough fat in my diet on a regular basis. I am positive, even with my 2 teaspoons of healthy oils. Not enough. I will say though, Mondays are always the hardest. I plan like to continue doing Meatless Monday but I'm going to piss and moan about it every so often.

more grapes

Three cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water. 31 weekly and 3 activity points remaining.

No comments: