Monday, August 31, 2009

Labor Day Challenge - Week 8 - Monday

No exercise today. I slept so poorly last night! I was exhausted and went to be early - I put my book away before 8:30! However, I made the mistake of wearing my headphones with my Zune to listen to music. Every time I'd be on the verge of falling asleep, my brain would shout "Oh, I love this song!" and I'd be wide awake. It was almost midnight before I finally admitted that I just wasn't going to fall asleep unless I turned the mp3 player off. But then I just could not get comfortable - I was too hot, too cold, stiff muscles from the fit test the other night, sore skin from the sunburn.

I've been trying to decide what to do about my body fat measurements. I've been trying to find a semi-accurate way to track it. The first few readings we came up with seemed really low to me. There's no way I'm 19-20% body fat, which is what we got when I first got my calipers. Over the weekend, we got almost 33% body fat, which also seems off. If I go by the directions in that came with the calipers (a one site measurement - suprailliac, about an inch above the hip bone), I get a reading that's middle of the road. Still, everything I've read suggests that more sites of measurement equals higher accuracy. Of course, it does depend on the person doing the measurements, and my husband is certainly no pro!

I'm also reading more about P90X and Insanity and so far, it looks like it is NOT recommended that they be done together. Bummer. I'm still undecided, and still have a month to make up my mind, based on what I read.

8:30 AM - eggs & toast w/ butter

11:50 AM - grilled chicken breast & green beans w/ light balsamic vinaigrette

1:25 PM - banana

2:15 PM - Fiber One bar; I got a free sample in the mail, which I checked on my way to picking up my son at the school. I ate it in the parking lot, even though I knew it was just impulse eating.

4:00 PM - baby carrots & yogurt

6:15 PM - round steak w/ rice & mixed vegetables

8:00 PM - Cheerios w/ skim milk, plum

Tree cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water.

Calories - 1658
Carbs - 233 (33 fiber)
Protein - 102
Fat - 41
C/P/F Ratio - 54.7/23.8/21.4

No comments: