Sunday, August 2, 2009

Labor Day Challenge - Week 3 - Sunday

Ah, Serene Sunday. I meditated this morning for about half hour. Okay, mostly I daydreamed, but it was still serene!

I have decided that my next challenge is definitely, 100% without a doubt (unless I die or am seriously maimed on my way home from "vacation" in New York *knocks on wood*) going to be P90X. I am 98% sure I'm going to be doing it with resistance bands, rather than weights. The bands gave me a hard time when I did ChaLean Extreme, but I do not feel like messing around with dumbbells and plates. Those in between weights are difficult because I only have 5 pound increments if I want an even dumbbell. I know there are options but I really don't feel like buying more equipment right now, so I think I'm going with the bands. I'm going to practice the moves with them over the next few weeks and see. If all goes well, I'll be starting P90X on Monday, September 8. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to do the nutrition plan, too. I'll have to read it over again and decide. I know I'm not spending money on the recover drink Tony Horton pushes. From what I've read, it's just a drink with a 4:1 carb to protein ratio. I can't remember whether they are simple (probably) or complex carbs, but I'll find out and then just have something of my own with that ratio. But I'm excited. If I didn't have this wedding to go to, I'd start tomorrow! Oh, and at some point in the next month, I'm going to be doing the P90X Fit Test, so I can compare to the same test when I'm done. I was lucky enough to get a fantastic (and complex) spreadsheet for logging everything you can possibly imagine for P90X. I'm 95% sure I'll be doing the "Doubles" version, which incorporates extra cardio 3 times a week. I'll do the P90X Cardio workout, but I think I'll only do that once a week, and do Turbo Jam and Tae Bo the other two days. That's going to put me at about 2 hours a day of exercise. I know I said, after finishing the Jillian stuff, I'd never do more than an hour per day again, but I think I'm up for the challenge, or will be. We'll see. "Doubles" doesn't start until Week 5 of P90X anyway, so I have time to see how it goes.

9:20 AM - scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper, salsa & cheese, plums

12:00 PM - green peppers, tuna fish & light mayonnaise on rye bread

4:50 PM - baked tilapia & sweet potato

7:30 PM - watermelon & mozzarella string cheese

Four cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water.

Calories - 1394
Carbs - 135 (14 fiber)
Protein - 119
Fat - 45
C/P/F Ratio - 38.1/33.5/28.4

No comments: