Friday, March 3, 2017

60 Days

Lots of overthinking today. I got on the scale (bad, I know) to see if I'm still gaining, but the numbers are finally moving in the right directions. I'm only down 5.5 pounds since I started almost 3 weeks ago. I have to stay off the damn scale. Or stick to weekly weigh ins, no sneaking peeks during the week. I discovered the iTrackBites app exports logs of everything, but you have to do it weekly. So starting next week, I will be exporting and saving shit because I'm weird like that.

My Polar M400 will be arriving today. I won't be using the heart rate monitor for my weight training. I'll use it strictly for cardio, which I hope to add next week. I am not 100% sure what I will be doing, or when. My goal is to get back to doing cardio six times a week, but for now, it will likely just be twice a week, and probably some of the shorter Turbo videos. Once DST starts, and it's still light out when I get home on my early days, my son and I will be going for walks. Maybe I will even find the mysterious fitness center my apartment complex has. I think it's by the pool. Damn, I have all this great shit right here and don't even use it. I've been here almost two years and have never been in the pool. Because I hate the sun.

And now that I will have something that is tracking my every move, I will have to find ways to get my steps in. I have a desk job, and I am usually at the office 10 hours a day. I figure I can take walks on my lunch breaks (because I certainly don't eat lunch) until it gets too hot to breathe outside. I'm not walking around the building for 20 minutes - it's a small building. I will have to stop taking the elevator. I haven't been taking the elevator because I'm lazy. I am, but I have been taking it because I have balance issues and trip going up the stairs at least once a week.

I will say though, I am feeling really fucking great. I no longer let housework slide because I just don't have the energy. A lot of my anxiety is gone. Or at least greatly reduced. I feel some of my old self coming back. My rosacea has cleared up quite a bit, either from eliminating sugar and a lot of carbs (like the Rosacea Diet) or from using tea tree oil on my face (I started doing this about the same week I started Weight Watchers). I'm still flushed, but the dry skin and bumps are mostly gone.

I just need to quit smoking. I hate myself for ever starting back up. And if I'd never quit exercising, I never would have started.

Workout D

Romanian deadlift - 5x5x80 lbs - I forgot to take the weight off from the other day's rack pulls so I have a 20 pound jump from last week. Oops.
glute ham raise on stability ball - 3x8 - Good mornings just working for me. I didn't feel anything but stretching in my hamstrings. This makes me feel like I'm working that shit.
sumo squat - 3x8x20 lbs
db skull crusher - 3x8x10 lbs

I think I have to increase all my weights next week (except the RDLs). Or move slower. I don't know. I feel like I can go up for some things, like shoulder presses and squats, but the little arm muscle stuff is tougher because even small increases in the load can be brutal. And I really like how I'm doing my squats now, with two 25-pound plates. But it doesn't work the quads as much as I could if I switched to back squats. I could use dumbbells, I guess but the plates are perfect because I know I've gotten low "enough" when they touch the floor. And of course, I will start having problems with grip if I use dumbbells, because I have weak ass hands. I know, I know - farmers walks to increase grip strength. Bah.

I have eight weeks left in this particular challenge and I'm already anxious to switch things up with the routine. As much as I love, love, love the four-day push-pull split, I think I need full body workouts, three days a week. Maybe I will make the switch for next week. That will give me an extra day to do cardio and get some use out of my heart rate monitor. In fact, I know I will make the switch next week because I already put together a three-day full body routine, with no repeated exercises for the week. I'm stoked!

Here is what the workout looks like. All weight workouts will be followed by Shaun T's 5 Minute Ab Workout.

Sunday - Workout A

squat5x5
db shoulder press5x5
push up3x8
SHELC3x8
standing calf raise3x8
db fly3x8

Monday - Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout (plus walks with my kid)

Tuesday - Workout B

db pull over3x8
front/side raise3x8
Romanian deadlift5x5
inverted row5x5
db hammer curl3x8
db row3x8

Wednesday - Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout (plus walks with my kid)

Thursday - Workout C

stability ball jackknife3x8
glute-ham raise3x8
db skullcrusher3x8
rack pull3x8
split squat5x5
renegade row (per side)5x5

Friday - Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix or Fat Blaster + ChaLean Extreme Recharge

Saturday - REST!!!

Food

Breakfast:
  • coffee w/ Splenda & creamer [12]
Lunch:
  • cottage cheese & cooked carrots [7] - Both with hot sauce. Yum!
Dinner:
  • Um... 
Ha, I was wordy today because it was my day off and I didn't have to do a damn thing. Except my workout, which I got out of the way early. Oh, and I made my first attempt at deadlifting 1.5 times my body weight. Let's just say I couldn't even deadlift my bodyweight. I can deadlift just over half my bodyweight at this point :(

No comments: