Sunday, March 19, 2017

44 Days - Stronglifts - Week 1 - Sunday

I don't even know what week this is...Week 6, I think? I've lost 8.5 pounds since I started this nonsense. I'm not really unhappy, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't bitch about something. I am not crazy about Weight Watchers. It does help me make better choices, but I also find myself checking my macros to see what I really have room for. I always have room for protein and fat. I rarely have room for carbs. I'm still working on perfecting my coffee creamer substitution. I know I have to make the switch permanently. Bah.

I made the mistake of going grocery shopping without a list or a meal plan for the week. The only thing I ended up getting myself is a can of fucking green beans. The rest of the food is for the other fuckers who live here and "yuck" at anything I'm eating. I want spaghetti squash, god damn it, but no one else will touch it. It's hard to try to eat healthy, and even harder when you get zero moral support. It pisses me off and makes me resentful. I just want to live alone so I don't have to worry about what other people want to eat.

What I need to do is sit down and really plan out about two weeks worth of recipes, plan out the points/macros. Create shopping lists from that. Ugh. I hate how I have to shop for different ways of eating. Fortunately for me, I have no problem eating the same few things over and over. I can live on cottage cheese, eggs, chicken, fish, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, oatmeal with bananas, and green beans. I'm slowly getting my son away from pizza and shit like that. If we have pizza, it's homemade. He does eat a lot of crispy chicken strips and baked fries. He likes hot dogs. I bought him a fucking hot dog toaster. I am slowly making progress with him. I buy very little junk snack food. I don't know if he is losing weight. I don't want to harp on him about it. I stress that we need to make healthy food choices and be more active. The active part is the harder part. I am waiting for the damn weather to get warmer so we can go for walks. He said he would use a treadmill if I bought one, and I probably would too, but I don't really have the room for one and probably wouldn't really use it all that much, no matter how much I say I would.

Of course, I'm always thinking about workouts. I was Googling around and rediscovered Stronglifts. I have looked at it before. It's fairly simple, and I really want simple. Thinking about what I want for my body, I just want to get strong. And they have a free app that tells you what to do based on what you can already do. I tried barbell overhead presses for the first time today, just one set of five with the weight the app recommended for me. And I mother fucking did it. I've never done an OHP with a barbell in my life. Three exercises, three times a week - 5x5, except for deadlifts which are 1x5. Yes fucking please. So I think I am going to switch to that, starting this week (as you can see by my title). My birthday will be the halfway point of the program. I really want to hit my squat and deadlift goals - this program will put me right there for deadlifts at the end of the 12 weeks. Assuming I can progress each week, that is.

I had to do measurements to calculate my bodyfat percentage. I'm not buying the accuracy of the calculator I used (27% but that seems low) but I think as long as I see a downward trend using the same calculator, I think I will be ok. I lost my calipers in one of my moves. Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that my gut is an inch smaller than it was five weeks ago.

Food

Breakfast - coffee, duh [6]
Lunch - hard boiled eggs [6]
Snack - quinoa & bean salad [8] - God damn, I have missed quinoa. I just had a little bit and it seems like there are more servings in the batch than I calculated. I did my numbers based on 4 servings and portioned out half a serving. It didn't even make a dent.
Dinner - oatmeal w/ peanut butter, Nutella and banana [12]

No comments: