Monday, March 20, 2017

43 Days - Stronglifts - Week 1 - Monday

I did some more research on Stronglifts last night. Mainly in the Starting Strength forum, with a heated battle over the two programs. I've attempted Starting Strength before. Or I was going to do it. I don't remember. I've been doing this shit for 10 years, come August. Holy shit. I can't believe I started weight lifting a decade ago. I feel like I should be more ripped by now. Anyway, both sides made good points, and I will probably stick with Stronglifts until I stall out, then switch.

I decided to go ahead and do my workout today, instead of tomorrow morning.

Workout A-1

squat - 5x5x70 lbs
bench press - 5x5x45 lbs - I did these on the floor, from my rack pull stands because I didn't feel like dicking with my squat rack.
barbell row - 5x5x45 lbs - Honestly, this was a little light, too.

That's it. It took 11 minutes because I paired the squat and the row and didn't need a lot of rest time. For Wednesday, I am definitely going to increase the weight on the rows and presses, and I will press from my weight bench. I'm a little scared to go up on the squat weight, even by 5 pounds because that shit is not easy. I guess that is the point. I'm going to have to start using a spotter, which means I'm at the mercy of other people's schedules. So annoying. Speaking of annoying, the Stronglifts app sucks balls. It will not save my workouts. So I will just use the spreadsheet.

Food

Breakfast - coffee w/ Splenda & creamer [12]
Lunch - Nothing.
Dinner - chicken w/ quinoa bean salad [11]

No comments: