Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Challenge 1 Day 8

Yesterday was weird. I did my LBWO, and using weights on my chest when doing crunches really makes a difference. Worse than crunches though is my second ab exercise. I call it a reverse crunch, but I don't think that's what it is. I hold my legs straight out and lift them up, about 45 degrees, then bring them down until they almost touch the floor. I can really feel it in the lower ab region, but I have no idea what the actual exercise is called. It burns, and it's a bitch to get through. My calf exercises need work. The seated calf raises with dumbbells just aren't cutting it. Standing calf raises are great! Beginning next week, I will probably change the calf exercises around a bit. I got some suggestions from a woman in our challenge group, so I will look into those.

Food was kind of meh. Toward the end of the day, I was so frustrated with other stuff that I didn't want to eat. So, I only ate 4 meals, and my calories were way under. I definitely need to recalculate my per meal needs, based on 5 meals instead of 6 per day. My calories yesterday were too low for even low calorie.

1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
2 oz apple
16 oz coffee w/ 2 tbs creamer

1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
2 oz apple
16 oz coffee w/ 2 tbs creamer

4 oz chicken
3 tsp garlic
1/2 cup pinto beans
1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
(sautée the garlic and warm everything up, sprinkle with taco seasoning - YUM!!!)
2 oz carrots

1 oz carrots
4 oz chicken
3 tsp garlic
1 oz onion
1/2 cup pinto beans
1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil

Calories - 1168
Carbs - 111 (21 fiber)
Protein - 118
Fat - 26
Ratio - 38.7c/41p/20.3f

No comments: