Saturday, August 18, 2007

Challenge 1 Day 5

Imagine my pleasure when I awoke to an upper body that was 99.95% not sore!!! Surprisingly, I was able to get through my UBWO with ease. Well, not ease because it's not supposed to be easy, but I pushed myself and really think I did well. Actually, I feel great! I feel stronger and thinner, even though it's not even been a week. I'm sure I won't see any drastic changes on the scale or the measuring tape, but my attitude is sky high about this right now.

More surprisingly, I've gotten my butt out of bed every morning when my husband got up for work. I used to do this before my son came along. I always got up and made my husband's lunch. After about the 5th month of pregnancy, I stopped. Our son is now 3 years old, so I've had a lot of late starts to my morning. Anyway, I still don't make lunch, but I get up early so I can work out while my son is sleeping. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! All but one day this week, he's woken up before my workout. The other day, he woke up half way through it. Fortunately, he "works out" along with me, using his golf club as a barbell. Sometimes he plays with my 3 lb dumbbells, and he uses my old Gazelle Edge while I'm on the elliptical. So hopefully, while I develop healthy exercise habits, he will too.

Food was pretty good yesterday. I actually got 5 meals in. It's hard sometimes, because I never know when my husband will be getting home from work. One thing I usually insist on is that we eat together, so sometimes that 4th meal is pretty late on the schedule. I could eat on schedule, but it's really more important to me to spend that time at the dinner table with my guys.

I'm still coming in under calories. Maybe I need to recalculate for 5 meals a day. We'll see what happens on the scale on my off day.

3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
4 oz apple
16 oz coffee w/ 2 tbs creamer

4 oz apple
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese

4 oz chicken
1 low carb tortilla
1 tbs light mayonnaise
4 oz carrots
16 oz coffee w/ 2 tbs creamer

3 oz cubed steak
2.5 cups butter lettuce
1 tbs Greek vinaigrette dressing

4 oz cubed steak
4 oz carrots

Calories - 1203
Carbs - 103 (20 fiber)
Protein - 126
Fat - 29
Ratio - 35.1c/42.9p/22f

No comments: