Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Challenge 1 Day 1

Well, I am off to a great start! I got up early yesterday and started my workout first thing in the morning. My upper body workout required some tweaking, since I really overestimated myself in one area and underestimated in another. After I do my lower body tomorrow, I'll post my revised strength training routine. Overall, I am very pleased with my efforts. My shoulders and biceps are not very happy with me today, but I think we'll be alright. The hot tub helped a bit.

Food-wise, I'm doing as well as I can. I think I'm going to have to adopt the "tapering" method Tom Venuto talks about in BFFM. I tend to not get much fat in the morning, and more in the evening with dinner. It all balances it, for the day, I think. My carbs and protein have been pretty balanced by meal. It sure is hard to get 5-6 meals in each day. Sometimes I just don't feel like having a full "meal" and just want to snack on carrot sticks or something. But I can't skip the protein. I'm sure I'll figure something out as I go along.

Yesterday's meals:

3 oz apple
3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1 hard boiled egg
2 cups coffee w/ non dairy creamer

1/2 cup egg mates
1 slice double fiber wheat toast
2 oz round steak
2 oz onion
2 oz green pepper
1 tbs garlic
2 cups coffee w/ non dairy creamer

5 oz carrots
3 oz cucumber
1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese

1/3 cup brown rice
2 oz ground chicken
8 oz broccoli

1/3 cup brown rice
2 oz ground chicken

1 low carb tortilla
1 can tuna
1 tbs light mayonnaise

Calories - 1447
Carbs - 132 (28 fiber)
Protein - 147
Fat - 37
Ratio - 36.5c/40.6p/22.9f

That's pretty close to my 40/40/20 goal. I suppose I could have another 150-200 calories, but for now, I won't sweat it.

Now, if I could only sleep...

No comments: