Friday, July 1, 2011

New Rules of Lifting for Abs - Week 2 - Friday

After yesterday's loss of control with the cookies (and the rough time I've been having in general), I hopped on the scale for a dose of reality. When I finished Insanity, I was down to about 128 pounds. Today, I am back up to 140. Part of me just doesn't give a shit anymore. The other part is completely pissed off and disgusted that I continue to do this to myself.

I posted about the cookies on Facebook and a friend told me that I work too hard not to enjoy some cookies. First of all, I don't work all that hard. In fact, I'm pretty slacky when it comes to exercise - always looking for the minimum. I like to work out smart, though. Second, it wasn't "some" cookies. IT WAS TWO DOZEN GIANT COOKIES. That's excessive. Third, food shouldn't really be a reward for someone with food issues.

anti-rotation static hold - 2x30 sec each side
elevated plank - 10x10 sec
elevated side plank - 5x10 sec each side

dumbbell single-leg Romanian deadlift 3x12x25 lbs each leg
dumbbell alternating shoulder press 3x12x17.5 lbs each arm

overhead squat - 3x12x25 lbs
cable kneeling pulldown - 3x12x50 lbs - I just realized that I had the first two workouts listed as 40 pounds when I was actually doing 45 pounds.

I'm up a bit in a few places there.

Food:
coffee w/ skim milk
apple w/ cottage cheese
tilapia w/ mixed vegetables
coleslaw
ham & cheese sandwich

No comments: