Thursday, October 8, 2009

P90X - Week 5 - Thursday

Ahhhhh, 5 AM yoga! I still have trouble with the half moon stuff and crane, but I nailed that under the leg/behind the back grab thing!

Meditation is still going well. Mostly, I'm too tired at night to concentrate too much, but I'm making the effort.

I'm so hungry today. I used up all my daily points before dinner.

apple & cottage cheese [3 pts]

scrambled eggs & English muffin w/ light cream cheese [5 pts]

roasted chicken w/ mustard & romaine lettuce on whole wheat homemade bread [4 pts]

Special K cereal w/ skim milk, banana [3 pts]

mozzarella string cheese [1 pt]

ice cream [3 pts]

half a Hershey's Sundae Pie from Burger King [4 points - FOR HALF!!!]; So not worth it.

chicken fried steak w/ mixed vegetables [6 pts]; I have a massive Word doc full of WW recipes - I think I got it from someone on Babycenter. It's awesome - if you would like a copy, email me - rjwalker22@gmail.com

Three cups of coffee [1 pt] and 80 ounces of water.

30 points today, thanks to a couple bad decisions. I'm down to 8 weekly points and I have 6 activity points. I am not sure if I should give myself APs for my weight workouts or not. I'm not giving myself any for yoga/stretch, just the cardio workouts. I'm using the 100 calories burned = 1 point guideline. I have the slider (thanks, Mel!) and it's pretty close to that if I count Plyo (for example) as 45 minutes of high intensity exercise. Yeah, the workout is almost an hour but the warm up and cool down doesn't make me sweat so I don't bother. I do sweat with the weight workouts, but I'm no continuously in motion (as in doing reps). That is the same reason I don't wear my heart rate monitor during weights. So I'm not sure how to classify it. It's definitely high intensity, but what's the actual time of work? Certainly not an hour, or even 45 minutes.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I would LOVE your recipes if you can e-mail them to me. If you don't have my e-mail, let me know and I'll give it to you again.

I'm making this on Saturday (yes...I'm actually cooking...can you believe it?!): http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=128911
It looks SO yummy AND it's only 5 points per serving!

I had a rough day too...hence my blog post from today. Hang in there though! Only a few more days left in the week before you get a fresh start. You can do it! :D

Melty said...

I'll take your WW recipes too. Just let me know if you need my email again. I think you have it.

ALso, how many servings does that bread recipe make? Or the weight of the serving.

For the weighted workouts, for you, I think you should take 2 pts. I just checked the booster and it would be 2 pts at low and at moderate intensity at your weight for 60 minutes. I realize you are not actually working the full 60 minutes, but with all the givens and when you work the slider around, it is fairly consistant with 2 pts.

Becky said...

Jess (and Hillary, if you're reading) - I sent the recipes. Mel, I need your email address again. I'll put it in my contacts this time.

The bread numbers I posted are for 40 slices (20 per loaf). I'm not sure what one piece weighs, but next time I'll figure that info out, in case you like thicker pieces. I think these are good size, when the loaf rises well. Once I started adding the citric acid (Fruit Fresh), they were higher. I'm also thinking of trying to make it with seltzer water, so the carbonation will add a little more airiness to it. George Stella (he's a low carb chef) makes breads and stuff with carbonated water all the time.

Thanks for the suggestion for points. I am definitely going to take them on leg days LOL