Sunday, October 4, 2009

P90X - Week 4 - Sunday

I completely forgot to weigh today. I will try to remember on Tuesday, which will be Day 30. I took a rest day, instead of doing X Stretch. Recovery Week felt like a lifetime. I will be very glad to get back to the good stuff tomorrow.

I've already started to change the way I do things, in terms of food. I didn't weigh my apple today. I didn't write down what time I ate. I only wrote down what I ate and how many points it was. To make things even simpler, I've decided to stop logging all my food in SparkPeople, and I'm going to stop doing all the points-earning activities there. That was taking up too much of my time, reading articles and doing polls and all that other crap. So I'm just going to focus on the message boards, teams, and my blog. Another change - I'm not going to use the computer/online points calculators I'm going to stick to my slider. For some reason (probably user error, because I'm always in a hurry), I was getting different values with the different e-calculators. So no more. I feel less stressed already.

We "officially" start Weight Watchers-style tomorrow. I've been through the list of Filling Foods and, like Michi's Ladder, it's really just common sense eating. That means I'm screwed, because it still comes down to making the right choices, and I'm not really one to do that. Of course, I can still have "bad" things, and chances are I will go over my points limit. Ugh, no matter what plan I'm on, I can still over eat. I could focus on the why of that and blah, blah, blah. Frankly, I am not even sure I care why. I understand nutrition and exercises and all the psychological stuff behind overeating/binge eating and recognizing true hunger vs boredom and emotional eating. I get all that. I know the strategies for avoiding it. I know it all like the back of my hand. Applying what I know is where I fall flat. But that's on me - not the plan I choose. It doesn't matter what plan I choose. I still have free will.

apple & cottage cheese [3 pts]

Special K Protein cereal w/ skim milk [3 pts]

Jennie-O turkey meatballs [7 pts] & baked sweet potato chips [2 pts]; I really screwed up here. I was going to throw some boneless, skinless chicken breasts on my grill and I realized I bought (2 bags of) the wrong chicken breasts. The stuff I bought had skin & bones. I couldn't just pop them on the grill - they need to have the skin removed, baked in the oven, then taken off the bones. I'll have to prep those tomorrow. I had to scramble for some protein that was quick and "went with" sweet potato. It was either the meatballs or canned tuna.

mandarin oranges [1 pt]

McDonald's chocolate chip cookie [4 pts]; Damn, these thing are evil.

baby carrots & green pepper slices [0 pts]

lasagna [4 pts] & homemade whole wheat bread [2 pts]

Two cups of coffee [1 pt] and 80 ounces of water.

I had a good 27 point day, until I ruined it by eating myself sick with ice cream.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Not too shabby, Becky. Sorry about the ice cream...BTDT. When I'm craving ice cream, I've just been getting the McDonald's cones (3 points)or Aldi's Fit & Active ice cream sandwiches. The latter are HUGE and only 2 points. That is if you have an Aldi's near you...

Otherwise the sugar-free or lite Blue Bunny ice cream (fudgesicles, sandwiches, etc - available at Walmart) are pretty low too.

Becky said...

It doesn't matter about the points. It's the lack of portion control.

I would kill for an Aldi's here.

Jess said...

It's hard. I know. It will always be a daily struggle for me. :(

Aldi's rocks! I used to hate it when Matt & I started dating 9 years ago but the selection for healthy foods is awesome now! They have "Fiber One" bars there now for like $2. They look/taste exactly the same. Yummy!

Maine Girl said...

Weight Watchers makes really yummy Chocolate Chip cookies. They are one point each and loaded with Fiber :)

Becky said...

I so wish I could make products at home without funky ingredients. There's a bread I love that has lots of fiber and is only 50 calories per slice. But no matter how hard I try, I can't make a bread like that.