Monday, October 5, 2009

P90X - Week 5 - Monday

I have decided that I am 100% definitely doing Doubles. I woke up at 4 AM and tossed and turned until 5, when I finally got out of bed and got Cardio X out of the way (43 minutes and 254 calories). It's a decent work out. I probably wouldn't pick it as a stand alone cardio option outside of P90X, but it's not overly taxing when you've still got another our work. The schedule says to do cardio in the morning and the weights and abs in the afternoon/evening. I'd planned on doing that, and changed my mind. I wanted it out of the way, so I did ARX immediately after cardio, then shortly before lunch, I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. This workout was awesome! It's a lot of push ups. I managed a good number on my toes, even near the end. I only had trouble with the clap/plyo push ups - I couldn't get a good push off the ground to get a clap in. I used mostly 5 and 10 pound weights. I'll be going up a bit for a few exercises next week. Overall, I really liked this workout, but my arms are exhausted.

Here's the exercise list for Chest, Shoulders & Triceps:
slow motion 3-in-1 push up
in & out shoulder fly
chair dip
plange push up
pike press
side-tri rise
floor fly
scarecrow
overhead tricep extension
two-twitch speed push up
Y press
lying tricep extension
side-to-side push up
pour fly
side-leaning tricep extension
one-arm push up
weighted circles
throw the bomb
clap/plyo push up
slo-mo throw
one-arm balance push up
fly row press
dumbbell cross-body blow

The decision to do Doubles came to me when I was thinking about the ice cream I ate last night. Doing extra cardio is good motivation for me to eat as cleanly as possible, otherwise, I'm wasting my time. Every time I want more than one serving of junk, I'm definitely going to think twice about it. I'm not doing an extra 45 minutes of exercise just to eat twice as many calories in crap.

turkey bacon, omelet, multigrain English muffin [7 pts]

apple & cottage cheese [3 pts]

yogurt [2 pts]

catfish & romaine lettuce on homemade whole wheat bread, baby carrots & green peppers [6 pts]

chicken breast & steamed cauliflower w/ EVOO [5 pts]

Four cups of coffee [1 pt] and 80 ounces of water.

24 points for the day. I'm exhausted.

No comments: