Friday, April 10, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 9 - Friday

Lean Circuit 2 - 1 set of 12 (or at least 10) to failure of the following:

sumo squat w/ anterior deltoid lift (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [10 lb dumbbell, 15 for breakdown set]
double-arm row w/ single leg lift (+1 set of 3 rows, super slow) [15 lb dumbbells]
single hamstring curl w/ lateral raise (+1 set of 3 raises, super slow) [5 lb dumbbell, 10 for breakdown set]
runner's lunge w/ double-arm rows (+1 set of 3 rows, super slow) [15 lb dumbbells]
lateral raise w/ abduction (+1 set of 3 raises, super slow) [5 lb dumbbells]
plank w/ single-arm row (+1 set of 3 push ups, super slow) [15 lb dumbbell] - all on toes
reverse lunge w/ lateral raise (+1 set of 3 raises, super slow) [5 lb dumbbell]
posterior deltoid raise w/ leg lift (+1 set of 3 raises, super slow) [5 lb dumbbell]
squat w/ double-arm anterior deltoid lift (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [5 lb dumbbell, 15 for breakdown set]

This workout made me want to cry, for real. Holy hell. I could barely manage the 5 pounds with these smaller muscle groups, but sometimes 5 pounds wasn't enough and 10 pounds was too much. I don't have anything in between but I'm going to have my husband make me a new set of handles so I can use my plates individually. It's really disappointing because I am not new to weight lifting. My arms definitely need work.

I am still really miserable with this cough and stuffy nose. I was up all night coughing again. I think I'm going to have to sleep in the living room tonight, sitting up on the couch. I wish we had a recliner. I wish I had health insurance. I need to know what the hell is causing this and figure out how to deal with it because it's getting really old.

7:35 AM - apple & cottage cheese

9:50 AM - homemade whole wheat bagel, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & picante sauce, coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda

11:30 AM - homemade protein bars

4:00 PM - ricotta pancakes w/ sugar-free syrup; Wow, I get really bitchy if I go too long without eating.

7:50 PM - chicken breast, Green Giant Simply Steam Broccoli & Carrots

8:10 PM - Hershey's sticks; Another one of those "I'm miserable and just need a little something" treats. I just had a little, and it was good.

Calories - 1584
Carbs - 153 (23 fiber)
Protein - 132
Fat - 49
C/P/F Ratio - 38.6/33.3/28

No comments: